Colormap the Whole Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
I have a question, how to you make a colormap effecting like at least all of the level? For example like in SRB2 Kart in the map Black Bliss, it is all gray. So, how do you do it?

EDIT: A better example for what I am looking for is like Sunset Pass Zone from Chaos Domain.

Last edited:
Create a Colormap control sector outside of your map then tag that to all of the sectors in your map that you want to have a colormap.

Actually, that is needlessly complicated, because it means you have to give every sector a tag. Just give the colormap linedef a tag of "-1" and it will automatically affect all sectors.

Actually, that is needlessly complicated, because it means you have to give every sector a tag. Just give the colormap linedef a tag of "-1" and it will automatically affect all sectors.
What if there is a sector already with a colormap? Will it crash SRB2?

No. It will be overridden by the global colormap. That means that if you have or something, it can't have its own colormap. To work around this, you'd have to do what Metal Fighter said, but that requires a ton of work, so it's just best to live with the lack of a water colormap.

Actually, it will work fine if you use a fog block on the whole level instead of a colormap. Colormaps override fog blocks so the underwater colormaps will still work.

Actually, it will work fine if you use a fog block on the whole level instead of a colormap. Colormaps override fog blocks so the underwater colormaps will still work.

That's good to know, I am making a wad. about Ruby's and beaches so every time I went in the water, it looked like a bloody mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back