Md2 and Transparent textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeck Jims

Oh, THAT guy...
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Alright, I keep it short and simple. So while making my classic Blaze.Md2 I decided to try a semitransparent texture for her fire effect. At first it flat out did not work, but I never bothered to fix the texture. Today when testing her for the last time, a strange thing occurred, It would randomly become transparent. So I decided to take some pictures. The thing it, it seems to only occur at specific angles in the level, or something, I don't understand.
So my question is, is there something I can do to make the transparent texture work 100% of the time?

srb20233.png

This is what it looks like when it randomly becomes transparent.

srb20237.png

This is what it normally looks like. (No, not what the release will, I inverted the fire to see the transparent bug better)

Last edited:
I think the transparency there is from the MD2 being too close to the camera because I think I can see through blaze as well.

EDIT: Actually I've just tested this now and although i couldn't get the transparency to appear like in the screenshot, any models inside the model that goes translucent go much more translucent as well when the camera is up close. Plus looking back at the screenshot it's probably the texture of the fire effect that made me think blaze was translucent too.

Last edited:
Congratulations! You've discovered yet another symptom of some of the serious internal problems with the OpenGL renderer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back