• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should we kill you? That looks awesome. But I still like the old classic. I wonder If I can help you out. I would be glad to help for such an awesome character.

BTW, I suck major shit at LUA.

VastRapidGrayling.gif
Yup, player color now affects the color of stars, comets, and whatever else Jasper spurts out. Still have to make the Spark Burst sparkles change color as well, and to make it so the HUD star follows your colorful ways too.

The current light red star and comets are only used for a red Jasper, unless that red Jasper is in a team based gametype (where he'll receive pure red stars and comets instead to ensure that he is indeed affiliated with the red team).

I might set up a command to disable/enable colorful stars and comets if people find it annoying... somehow.

Duuuude that looks amazing! Keep up the good work bro, are you also going to make super sprites for Jasper or are you leaving them how it is? Oh and by the way, making the stars changing colour is an awesome idea! *claps*

I'm still in the process of making super sprites, so yeah. Recently finished 'running' frames and just need the extra two done. After that, it's making a few poses look a lot better and cleaning up code.

Jasper is really unique, it's not just a "original the character" thing, he has his own unique powers and he isn't just a recolor, probably the only fan character I like so far.
And it comes from someone who hates fan characters and recolors!
It looks really good i can't wait to play it!

Since when have I ever said I hated fan characters or recolors? I don't ever hold a grudge against any sort of character, it's just not my thing to do that. In some cases I end up really liking fan characters, such as Hinote (which is also the wad that inspired me to try my hand at making a character myself) and KO.T.E.

Though you do have a point of Jasper having a more unique power; I wanted to integrate the concept of the character with how he played, and using stars has really brought that concept to light. It's really different from the usual "ooh it's an elemental ability" based power and I'm glad I could implement it without too much difficulty.

Ahhhhhh! What happened to his nose!? :'(

He never had a nose :o. What I think is he is part of the evil clan of seemingly normal people. People who you think are good, but end up being evil. People like Patrick Star, or Krillin. All noseless people.

He never had a nose :o. What I think is he is part of the evil clan of seemingly normal people. People who you think are good, but end up being evil. People like Patrick Star, or Krillin. All noseless people.

I was freaked out becauss there looks like there is a lump near where his nose would be. Other than that, it looks like a good render of Jasper.

I pretty much agree with Larz, the entire model is awesome except for the weird looking lump. I'm not sure if it's the texture being used or if there truly is a lump in the middle of his face. If anything else try to make the hair crescent bigger, because Jasper's is pretty huge. Still totally awesome though.

0ZsjfuH.png

I'll look into fixing it. Also it will look better in - game. That little thing won't appear in srb2 if the model were to be used right now.

soonish

Still ironing out bugs. Have a new idle animation because Jasper looking into an endless void was creepy.

EnFf9Mn.gif

It's kinda based off of a pose Luke Triton does in some Professor Layton games. Here's a fun fact; Jasper was always intended to have an idle animation where he fiddled with his hat, but that never got into the initial release because I wasn't sure how to go about animating it at the time.

Last edited:
It makes him look very cool (If it wasn't obvious earlier). So, how much will it take for him to appear in the Releases forums? I need this wad so badly.

Wizard puns aside, this character is something really special. It's so... fitting to SRB2's style. I just love him.

soonish

Still ironing out bugs. Have a new idle animation because Jasper looking into an endless void was creepy.

EnFf9Mn.gif

It's kinda based off of a pose Luke Triton does in some Professor Layton games. Here's a fun fact; Jasper was always intended to have an idle animation where he fiddled with his hat, but that never got into the initial release because I wasn't sure how to go about animating it at the time.
That's a great sprites.

I am pretty excited for this but not as excited as Jasper is...

pinkbitch.jpg.png

That face though... It is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back