Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm, wow. there are NO submissions yet, and the deadline is VERY soon!
Uh, there are submissions for the next contest. Not many, but not nothing. It's normal for 90% of the submissions to come in during the last week.

The thing is, none of my levels will be released in here, because they use Community Build quite exclusively.
Have fun when 2.1 is released and your levels will be forever stuck in 2.0-land.

Ummmm, wow. there are NO submissions yet, and the deadline is VERY soon!

The dead line till not the 29th or the 30th? I kinda forgot.

Anyway I have a level that been in the test for sometime now. And I might enter it into this contest.

1yonrl.png

This map has a lot of fix ups since the last test run with it. The over power items boxes are remove and only have 2 now. On the alcove up there and in the water on the bottom right.

And there little sun light going down from the ceiling in the level. This will fix the same texture over use problem, I hope.

And there will be a outside part of this level on the right of this pic.

Anyway its a small simple CTF level. With it being small people will have a harder time getting the flag.

Anyway that's about it for this level.

Anyway I have a level that been in the test for sometime now. And I might enter it into this contest.

1yonrl.png

That looks great! I can't wait to try it in a netgame. BTW, I know you don't use wads much, but will you be hosting with this multiplayer contest pack? Just a simple yes or no question.

The deadline is in about 4 days! Everyone get ready! BTW, the current exe mods ARE dependent on 2.0 because it uses that srb2.srb file. Therefore, it will not work on 2.1.

I dunno about everyone else, but I keep my CB files in a different folder. Anyways, I'm not sure if a different srb2.srb file would ruin compatibility. I mean, the file will have stuff added to is, but I don't believe anything will be taken out of it.

It's not so much things removed that cause compatability problems, it's things that are changed instead. For example, when 2.0 came out 1.09.4 wads didn't work correctly anymore because the linedef and sector type numbers were reorganised and the colour pallette was edited.

It's not so much things removed that cause compatability problems, it's things that are changed instead. For example, when 2.0 came out 1.09.4 wads didn't work correctly anymore because the linedef and sector type numbers were reorganised and the colour pallette was edited.

Not to mention that 2.0 introduced even more vanilla SRB2 Objects/States/Sprites/whatever for SOCs.

Meanwhile, we currently have hardly any entries whatsoever for this OLDC, which makes me (and probably others) wonder whether the OLDC voting will even happen at all this time.

Either that, or we'll end up with another bucket-full of rush jobs specially tailored for this OLDC, which frankly I've had enough of at this point. =|

OR, mabey everyone is just finishing up their stage. If not, then we will either end up with a bunch of rush jobs, or have no voting at all. :(

BTW, how many entrys are there? If we extend the deadline, interest in srb2 will drop even lower...
Won't it?

Well I have AP exams in around 2 weeks so I have to study for them, therefore, only giving me very few hours to work on my CTF entry. I usually work on it during weekends but even then I don't have much time due to extracurricular activities. I'm actually working on it this very moment since I have time to, but progress on it isn't even as far as I want it to be so I'm not sure if I'll get it in by the deadline.

BTW, how many entrys are there?
I stopped telling people how many entries there were because it led people to make half-assed rush jobs to bump up the number of maps.

If we extend the deadline, interest in srb2 will drop even lower... Won't it?
Why would it? The deadline has been extended before and it didn't lead to any drop in interest. It's normal for SRB2 activity to be rather low a few years after the last release. I'm sure it will pick up again once 2.1 is released.

srb20359.png

srb20365.png

srb20387.png

"In The Chemical Facility, where Eggman's planning come true. In the Chemical Facility, not a single player gets through."~

I sincerely hope you're doing something visually appealing with the pit in that first screenshot to match the graphical effort I see in the rest of the area. Otherwise, it looks really nice. (But does it have the help of the magic of a pegasus device?)

Actually, on that note, I should probably get back to my 2D map...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back