Block Fort updated again! Whee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tets

one rude dude
My most updated wad ever. This time around I've added custom textures.
blockfort.png

They give the level a much more authentic feel. Compare the above screenshot to the one from Mario Kart 64 below...
blockfort.jpg

It was a pain in the ass, but using Nemu, an N64 emulator, I was able to rip textures from the MK64 rom. Of course I also had to edit them to look right in SRB2. But it was totally worth it.

The textures look a bit bright compared to the original, but I can't be bothered to adjust that. I also have not been able to align the textures because the the large flats make Doombuilder's 3D mode not work. I'll need to do it all manually some time. Finally, I can't seem to make the green wall texture look right as the colors screw up every time I import it. The flats are fine, however.

Download it here: http://tetsuo.gunsha.com/srb2wad/mta_blockfort.zip

Meh... aside from the fact that it IS highly brightened, the textures are still too small compaired with the original...thus, it looks like crap from a distance. I'd suggest instead of tinkering with the colors themselves, do a bit of ajustment to the lighting.

Ohhhhhh...I was wondering why it looked so familiar it's that level in MK64 I'm an idiot. :mrgreen:

I just relized! I have a great sprite for Block Fort! Well the sprite is pathetic looking but.... Anyways it's a block man sprite, When i'm done Maybe I'll send it to you. Don't Make fun of BLOCKOMAN! *runs away crying*

Very nice. If you update it again, try adding the N64's music and changing the stairs to something more like ramps. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back