Sonic on Doom Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger

We would like to let the SRB2 users Know, that we have created a dll to play SRB2 in the "offtopic" Lobby of doom connector.
Please come and join us in some online SRB2 games.
at the main loby type: /join offtopic
if you need the Dll look on the screen pannel.
here is the link to doom connector.
http://www.codeimp.com/connector_download.php
Hope to see you there... :)

That was when the SRB2 support was unofficial and not totally legit, though. People stopped using it because you had to get a secret password from someone.

I do prefer IRC though. It feels more like you're part of a community that way.

Yes you did need a password for the hidden lobby..but not any more.
You now will see that ther are people with dedicated SRB2 games there aswell as Quake 2 Quake3, quake3 demo and wolf ET, but its not passworded anymore..i would like to see a SRB2 Masterserver list in there aswell, so DC users can join your games that are not on DC. but there is no master server.. some day i hope there will be tho... well we are here if you ever waunt to stop bye, and thank you for your input on this subject.

a441 said:
There is a list server actually, srb2.kicks-ass.net port 28910. Status page at http://srb2.kicks-ass.net:5050/srb2ms_status.php. Since it isn't programmed into the game, it is rarely used.

if you drop the dot, MY webserver will render the play correly, or use this URL for the Status
http://srb0.dontexist.net/
for Masterlist Server srb2.kicks-ass.net:28910
edit the config files to use it, use the command Listserv to list the server
and if you want to see list in the menu, use the DOS/Linux/Win binaries(EXEs) of srb2inet....
:|
i am scared now....

AlamGBC said:
if you want to see list in the menu, use the DOS/Linux/Win binaries(EXEs) of srb2inet....
I don't recommend that. Several people have reported strange problems with those binaries, such as seemingly valid levels crashing on load.

Dagger said:
You now will see that ther are people with dedicated SRB2 games there
Are those even possable? Many people have tried to have 24/7 servers running, but SRB2 is way to unstable to do such things. It crashes nearly every 40 minutes (if you're lucky) and I've had netgames where you couldn't even join without the server crashing x_x

Hm...I try to join, I get this screen:
join.JPG

But than the game get stuck and doesn't connect the server, does anyone know what's the problem?

P.S. Sorry for messed up colors :P

*raises hand* My question is for the guy who made this topic...wait scratch that, it's a statement...You should really check your spelling. No offense.

Sorry for the obnoxiousness :mrgreen:

oferst said:
But than the game get stuck and doesn't connect the server, does anyone know what's the problem?
That looks like the normal connecting screen when you launch via a launcher or batch file or whatever else launches SRB2 with perameters. The thing is, it's not frozen. It just looks like it is because it's waiting for a response from the server. Either the person who's hosting it cannot host (because they have a router/firewall) or their computer takes a long time to load SRB2. Just wait a while and if it still doesn't connect, press esc to cancel the connect and kill the person -_-

Sorry it took me so long to reply, it's just now that I can actually SEE the picture and can help. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back