turret door

Status
Not open for further replies.

mog

I have this crumbling platform set up over a turret. Is there a way to make a door open when i step on the c. platform? I've been stuck on it for weeks.

I'm not sure there's a direct way to do it, but there are ways you could indirectly make the door open when you step on the platform. For instance, you could set it up so that there door is actually a crumbling platform that falls simultaneously. Or you could create an Intangible, Invisible FOF around the crumbling platform, and set it as the trigger sector for a linedef executor.

Srb2 Wiki: Trigger Linedef Executor - Floor Touch - One Player said:
FOF Behavior

Applying this to a solid FOF will cause the top of the FOF to trigger the tagged Linedef Executor Trigger once a player has jumped on top of it. This will only work if a player lands on it. It will not activate the trigger if it is simply walked on.
Basically what that means is, you must tag the Linedef Executor to the control sector of the crumbling platform. Also, the control sector must be Sector Type 80, Trigger Linedef Executor - Floor Touch - One Player.

Hope this helps!

I triedd that but it didn't open until i set the control sector's tag to that of the crumbler.
Thx guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back