What's Your Favourite Anime/Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byousoku 5cm. It's a 60 minute movie created by award winning film director Makoto Shinkai. It has wonderful art in each and every scene. The music is just beautiful, and the story is touching. It's a story about distance - distance in life's travels, distance of past and present, of memories and dreams. Of the distance from one person to another, and the distance of ourselves from our own hearts. Here's some of the art, it's like this 100% throughout the film. Also from the same creator are the two movies: Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised in Our Early Days.
index.jpg

byousoku+5+centimeters+-+009.jpg

byousoku-3.thumbnail.jpg

%E8%B8%8F%E3%81%BF%E5%88%87%E3%82%8A%E3%80%80%E6%A1%9C%E3%80%80%283%29.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, now that I think about it, I really liked the Japanese Anime:
"Animal Crossing". I know, it's based after a game, but it WAS really cool. I liked the backgrounds. Although, I wish there was a REAL English Dub of it.

I've only watched the anime:

Death Note;
Fullmetal Alchemist (+the recent Brotherhood series);
Hellsing Ultimate
Dragonball.

Byousoku 5cm. It's a 60 minute movie created by award winning film director Makoto Shinkai. It has wonderful art in each and every scene. The music is just beautiful, and the story is touching. It's a story about distance - distance in life's travels, distance of past and present, of memories and dreams. Of the distance from one person to another, and the distance of ourselves from our own hearts. Here's some of the art, it's like this 100% throughout the film. Also from the same creator are the two movies: Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised in Our Early Days.

I've REALLY been wanting to see 5 Centimeters Per Second. I need to find it somewhere, I've heard it's really good (and heartwrenching) and the art looks absolutely beautiful.

Gotta think about this one. My Favorite three are Dragonball, Inuyasha/Final Act, and One Piece but I also like these as well...
DragonBall Z, Bleach, Naruto/Shippuuden, Digimon 1/2/5/6, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Afro Samurai, Samurai Champloo

Last edited:
I always feel it's a good idea to take a break from mainstream series and check out other different genres. I'm shocked at how many of you haven't taken the time to watch more Kyoto shows.

Recently i've been back on reading some more anime and manga, and so far my favorites are.

Gurren Lagann, My Bride's a Mermaid, Bleach, Gantz, Naruto Shippuden, Bamboo Blade, DBZ, Code Geass, Samurai Champloo and, Bakuman.

While I've been a fan of Miyazaki movies for a while now (still relatively new though), I generally still keep my distance when it comes to televised anime. However I gave the dub Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood a shot and was not disappointed (at least, not after I made it through the first season).

I also watched the fansub for Clannad last week. Blows FMA-B away if only for the character development. I normally also steer clear of romances, but the emotional depth with which Clannad treats its protagonists carries it through every episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back