OnyxOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revival9001

For quite some time, I've been working on a homebrew OS project coded in ASM and C, and it's starting to get quite advanced, for an OS that has been coded for less than a year. It's UNIX-like, with an FS structure similiar to that of Linux but with the root partition mounted at /system (/dev, /proc, /mnt, are virtual directories handled by the VFS). I have quite a few screenshots, for now:
j7w61d.png

So this is an OS you've written from scratch? I want a download link! This better not be a fake, because that looks suspiciously like Linux... Oh, and one screenshot doesn't count as "Quite a few."

C++?

Sounds interesting, where did you learn how to code an OS from scratch?

Conicpp said:
So this is an OS you've written from scratch? I want a download link! This better not be a fake, because that looks suspiciously like Linux... Oh, and one screenshot doesn't count as "Quite a few."
I quite clearly stated it was UNIX-like, so what were you expecting? More screenshots will come now. As for a download link, I'm not ready to release yet and a rewrite is under progress anyway because my code is embarassingly buggy in the screenshots you see. The oldest pieces of code in it right now date back to when I was following os-dev tutorials!
Cue said:
C++?

Sounds interesting, where did you learn how to code an OS from scratch?
It's coded in C and NASM, and I learnt how to code an OS at osdev.org.

And more screenshots:
1zyd7rn.png

359mvsz.png

Ignore the PID reading, printf function was a bit broken at the time of the screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back