Srb2 lags like heck when in a internet server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inazuma

Go on, I dare you!
Sonic Team Junior
Judge
Hey guys, my srb2 somehow got screwed... :<
Somehow, whenever I play a net game, I always end up being a lagger. I used to have regular ping but now whenever I see the server pings on the list of servers and the mb, they are completely different...
I think SSNTails had posted something about this but I'm not sure if that's the right one so can someone help me out?

Hey guys, my srb2 somehow got screwed... :<
Somehow, whenever I play a net game, I always end up being a lagger. I used to have regular ping but now whenever I see the server pings on the list of servers and the mb, they are completely different...
I think SSNTails had posted something about this but I'm not sure if that's the right one so can someone help me out?

Same here to me i got that screwed when i got that lag befor, usually it makes me mad when it's lagging from A D-lag...

but the C-lag in my server consistently kicked people.

Last edited:
Do you share an internet connection with those in your family? If so, your internet connection is probably being strained. If thats not the case you could be joining a room with the host and you living in distant locations. If thats not the case either, then check if you have anything open while running SRB2. If none of these help you, then i dont know what to say.

Yes I do, actually. So, how do I fix a strained internet?

As for I know, you need to know what they're doing becuase if they're downloading something for example, you'll know thats causing you to lag. How many times did you expereince lag when joining a netgame?

As for I know, you need to know what they're doing becuase if they're downloading something for example, you'll know thats causing you to lag. How many times did you expereince lag when joining a netgame?
The whole day and yesterday... :\

The whole day and yesterday... :\

I mean like, was it one or two netgames? Just another question, how many people in your family are using the internet connection? Because i have four different people in my family using the internet and sometimes it lags. My internet connection usually goes on and off when my downstairs neighbors try to use it though. And if not much people are using the internet in your house i doubt this is the problem.

Last edited:
I mean like, was it one or two netgames? Just another question, how many people in your family are using the internet connection? Because i have four different people in my family using the internet and sometimes it lags. My internet connection usually goes on and off when my downstairs neighbors try to use it though. And if not much people are using the internet in your house i doubt this is the problem.
Well, I share internet with 4 people and I lagged in all servers...

Well, I share internet with 4 people and I lagged in all servers...

Well, I share an internet connection with four people as well and I dont have the same problem as you. Maybe you have a slow internet or something? I apologize, I really dont know what to tell you. Did you close anything you might have open while playing SRB2? Are you sure no one else in the room is causing the lag?

Well, I share an internet connection with four people as well and I dont have the same problem as you. Maybe you have a slow internet or something? I apologize, I really dont know what to tell you. Did you close anything you might have open while playing SRB2? Are you sure no one else in the room is causing the lag?
Well, I usually won't have anything open when playing and I think my Dad because he is usually working on his cpu...

Well, I usually won't have anything open when playing and I think my Dad because he is usually working on his cpu...

Im sorry, but what I said above was all I could think of to help. If I figure out anything else to help you, I'll tell you, but right now I dont have a solution for your problem.

Some thing is not right, I saw your server in the next version 0.16.1. and it have unkown things and when I got there I cannot see your server, i think your connection is not working in srb2cwin version.

Is your internet getting slow or it just crashed.

Last edited:
Some thing is not right, i saw your server in the next version 0.16.1. and it have unkown things and when i got there i cannot see your server, i think your connection is not working in srb2cwin version.

Is your internet getting slow or it just crashed.
Actually my firewall won't leave me alone, that's all.

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Ok guys! I figured it all out! It's not ME that's lagging, it is SRB2 ITSELF that is killing me. How I know? Well, when I join, I asked the server and players if I lag and they said no. So, I think it is just me.
EDIT: I think SSNTails have a solution to that so I'm going to find his topic. Later~

Last edited:
You aren't making any sense at all. AJ does not have some kind of magic button at his desk that removes latency from your internet connection.

Wow, I have the exact same problem, but I know what's causing it.

See, my dad likes to download torrents, and that causes lag in netgames due to our (very low) upload speed being strained. So it's likely that someone else in your family strains the upload speed, which is also needed for seeding torrents and sending data to netgames.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it. I always have to wait until my dad's done with uploading before I can play netgames without heavy lag.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it. I always have to wait until my dad's done with uploading before I can play netgames without heavy lag.
There isn't a way to fix it. Your network connection is being strained and there is a hard limit to how fast it can go. If you're hitting the cap and attempting to use more bandwidth than you have, you're going to lag no matter what you do.

AJ does not have some kind of magic button at his desk that removes latency from your internet connection.
Actually, I was refereeing to this.
Well, AJ's "Magic Button" didn't work out... :\
Is the type of lag you get is Frame lag? (Massive loss of Frame-rate)
Yes, I think. I mean, nobody else in those servers feel the lag I am getting. :|
You aren't making any sense at all
Well, if you would kindly read what I first posted, maybe you'll know. Don't pop up at me like that... it's disturbing. :\

Actually, I was refereeing to this.

Gah, i totally forgot about this...

Yea, i think those who says it's not because of Win7 might be right, because they use both CPU and needs to check only CPU0.............owait doesn't 2.0.2---current has auto CPU0 only affinity? :S

XSpeedGodX said:
Well, AJ's "Magic Button" didn't work out... :\

If that's the case, than damn, i'm out of ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back