• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SOC Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am use to the Homing and Lightdash feature on SRB2, but botherd on having to swtich them on everytime I die orproceed to next act or level. I herd you can use the SOC Editor to make them stay on without having to switch them on all the time, how do I do that because even with Getting started it's not all that easy to me.

So besides getting Homing and Lightdash to stay on what is SOC Editor exactly about?

Basically, SOC editing is used for major SRB2 modding. Everything from new bosses to lengthening powerups and level configurations. And, you have to use level configs for the SA mode...
It's in the "level headers" section...Select SAMode, Coop, Race, and Single Player.

FYI:

SOC = Source Code

Basically, you're editing the game's source code through a WAD. Knowing the source code of SRB2 well and knowing what you can and cannot edit through SOC editing will give you a GIANT advantage in SOC editing.

I would think it's Source Code editing because that's...basically all it is. >.> You look through /src/ in the source code and you end up finding a lot of SOC stuff.

But making your own EXE is what source code editing really is. SOC editing is just for making extra objects and stuff. You don't get as much control as you would in Visual C.

Indeed, you have quite a bit more control over objects 'n stuff with the source. o.o

Haha, I got a big kick out of you guys trying to decipher what SOC stood for. 8)

How do you make new monsters out of SOCS anyway? DeHacked just seemed confusing(because it sort-of looks like DeHacked to me)

You can put a new slot number to use, give it stats and properties(not to mention states), and attach it to a wad that provides the sprites for the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back