Rayman Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well well, now this is interesting. Actually, during the Microsoft conference, I was joking about how they would announce "Rayman 4" during E3. I certainly didn't expect I would be right.

Hey, I'm excited about this, too.

Everytime I try to kick my videogame habit, some studio somewhere has to make something that sounds or looks awesome. I just cannot win.

From what I can see, its only for PSN and XBLA, no Wiiware planned. I'm hoping it'll come to steam, because if its on any console other than the PC/Wii, then I'll not be playing it. PS3 and the 360 are simply too expensive for me, particularly when I'm going to have to worry about paying for college.

Then again, I don't really know anything about any of the Rayman games, except that they spawned those ridiculous rabbids party games. So its not really going to be a big deal for me.

Can you ever make a post without diving into extremes?

So you would prefer that he be terse and brief every time he voices his opinion?

As for the game, it looks great. Like others have said, I really hope this comes out on Wii or PC or else I won't be able to enjoy it.

I was introduced to Rayman in Rayman 2, so I would have liked a 3D game more than this sidescrolling... thing.

Well it says Wii right there in that trailer. Now I can download it instead of actually buying it.

I got the 10-dollar PC version from the value bin ages ago, as I figured I should try a popular game I've heard about. I became a fan. I didn't get a chance to try out Rayman 2, but I heard eventually that it was nothing like the first game.

This new one actually got me wanting to try out 2 and 3. But I still have a habit of having way too many unfinished games, replaying Paper Mario 2 or Skies of Arcadia, or just simply play Smash Bros Brawl online most of the day.

Ugh, this game... It pees on my childhood. Murfy promised Rayman 4 about 9 years ago... no sign of that still, ironicly. =\

Ugh, this game... It pees on my childhood. Murfy promised Rayman 4 about 9 years ago... no sign of that still, ironicly. =\

Blame those fucking Rabbids, not this game. Personally, I don't see what your issue with this game is, and I'd be curious to hear.

I know they are trying to make the game all childish and funny, but I think they took it too far. Rayman 3 had quite enough "stupidity" and humor, but was consider AWSOME IMO. This game looks like one of these scenes in spongebob with patrick and spongebob doing something silly like burp talking, just with Rayman and Globox.

Rayman Origins 2 confirmed
Rayman-Origins-Sequel_01-600x337.jpg
A sequel to Rayman Origins is in development, according to an Arkenford marketing survey. A Kotaku reader sent the site photos of the survey, which mentions an all-new setting for the sequel.

It is said to include “all features already in Rayman Origins,” which are a “long and intense campaign, in solo or up to 4 players join in/join out co-op,” and “beautiful 2D graphics.” The setting, however, moves away from the game’s current design for something a bit more mythic.

“The sequel to Rayman Origins will feature brand new settings: legendary worlds filled with castles, vampires, ghosts, Greek Gods, or dragons,” reads the survey.

Video content of the game was shown during the survey, but it appears to have only been a slideshow of artworks. Have a look at some screen captures:

Rayman Origins.. honestly, it IS some whacky fun stuff to play with friends, but I still miss the Rayman 2/3 style. It's just a different experience to play. It seems that Ubisoft has the same issue as Sega and have some mysterious force preventing them from making a proper Rayman title.
... I'm not even gonna leave a comment about vampires and greek gods being in the world of Rayman. Again it's just not the same experience like the older games. You don't need all these "creatures" to make your world "mythic". Rayman 2 did that pretty well with all of the temples.

This news makes me incredibly happy indeed. I really enjoyed the first Rayman Origins, and if Ubisoft can improve on the flaws of the first Origins I will be delighted.

I'm really glad Origins was successful enough to warrant a sequel. And I'm also glad the Rabbids are returning in some (optional, it seems like) form. As much as I like Rayman and Rayman 2, I've always wanted to see the Rabbids in some sort of quality Rayman platformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back