Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

light the elementa

Elementa Forever!
I was wondering, would it ever be possible to make a Mario
Party.EXE, or something, for this?
[ If you don't know what I mean, i'm talking about the board, the moving, and minigames. ]

Inserting the crouch button into a 3D fangame is like saying "Every little thing about the classics, when translated into 3D, is perfect" While I'll agree that crouching is helpful in a 2D platformer, for stuff like dodging Bowser's fireballs and stuff, once you get into 3D, being able to move side-to-side adds the dimension of dodging that the crouch button filled, leaving its role as nothing more than a means of overcomplicating spindash.

Alright thats enough talk of the crouch button. Now to answer the original question it is impossible to make a MP game in the SRB2 engine.

mikesword221 said:
Alright thats enough talk of the crouch button. Now to answer the original question it is impossible to make a MP game in the SRB2 engine.
It would be easier making it with a modern engine as its easier to create levels and objects etc... but yea its possible

Well, SRB2 is hardly DooM anymore because of how different it is. The same case would be if you made Mario Party out of SRB2. That's proof of how hard it would be.

Because of the limitations of the DooM Legacy engine, it is very infeasable. The biggest problem is the inefficient OpenGL engine (software won't work well, because you need to look down on the board).

Another issue is that you need some way of remembering the state of the board each time you go into a Minigame. Not worth the trouble. The Minigames themselves will take years of coding, too.

Rather than use an FPS engine for a button-mashing Minigame collection, you're better off making your own engine specifically for this purpose.

In the end. Anything is possible in SRB2 if you've got the programming know-how, but it never is usually worth it. SRB2 is just too dated, and too limited. Sure, that's what makes modifying SRB2 fun, but there is such thing as going too far.

Besides, Mario Party gets old fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back