Why isn't this new-style SOC working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
A little while after 2.1's release, I began working on a port of Great Divide Zone, starting with the SOCs. The first thing I did was attempt to convert the character abilities to the 2.1 style, but for some reason none of the SOCs in the MAINCFG are in effect, not even the ones made to change already existing objects.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm5tejaa8ufoqmd/scr_greatdivide.wad?m

This WAD doesn't contain any scripting for Great Divide's various custom objects, but it does contain the stuff for Sonic and Jasper's special abilities and a few other changes as well. None of the SOCs seem to work at all, and I have no idea why. Could someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong?

On a somewhat related note, I've been trying to get your stomp ability to work in 2.1 with no success.

I think there might be a few bugs in the character WAD system that have yet to be discovered in 2.1. For example, while screwing around with Blade's Metal Sonic, I managed to get my Lua modifications to him to magically start working after shifting the position of a comment (or something like that, IIRC).

Your object flags are wrong. For one thing, the flags have been reordered in 2.1, so the numerical values from 2.0 are no longer correct. For another, using numerical values for the flags is deprecated now. Instead, type out the actual names of the flags and add them together with bitwise ORs, e.g. "MF_RUNSPAWNFUNC|MF_NOGRAVITY|MF_NOBLOCKMAP". The SOCs seem to work just fine with that adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back