Games that lots of people don't like, but you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgo

In response to the other topic, I decided to make the exact opposite since I probably like more games that people often don't like then the other way around.

The original Sonic Robo Blast - Even though it has MS Paint graphics and the annoying killingdead glitch, it has a certain charm to it. Sonniku put a bunch of effort into this and it is really good for one of the first Sonic fangames. It has a bunch of secrets and interesting ideas for bosses.

I think I have an appreciation of this game since I played through it multiple times for the remake. Ah, the memories of all the lives I lost due to killingdead. Good times.

EDIT: Please say why you like the game. Do not just say "I like this game, but other people don't".

Last edited:
Sonic Riders - People seem to hate the game & I don't really know why. I really like it because you had more control of your character. In the new one, you can't boost, air drift and do alot of tricks.

Last edited:
I'm hitting a blank wall right now, but I also fondly remember Sonic Riders. I loved the tricks system, and although keeping the air supply constantly filled was a chore to begin with, it became second nature soon enough. And some of the level tropes are absolutely fantastic. Splash Canyon, White Cave, Egg Factory, Babylon Gardens, SEGA Carnival and Illusion, and Digital Dimension were all awesome tracks. While the concept of hoverboards was cool, playing as Nights or Shadow with his Darkness skates was the bees' knees.

Jet was an insufferable prick through and through, though.

Ah! Here's a good one that I haven't elaborated much upon. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. Okay, so people make the argument that the game is basically a carbon-copy of Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. I don't see any problem with that. Crash 3 is widely considered to be the best Crash game, with its permanent power-ups, hidden crystals, uber-hard sections one can only access if they don't die, and speedruns. Wrath of Cortex delivers all that with better graphics, some fantastic music, new modes (I personally loved the hamsterball levels) and good bosses.

Yes, the game has annoying loading screens, but they're not game-breaking to the point that Sonic '06 was. If you have a loading screen every time you enter a level and enter a bonus section, then yeah, you have good reason to complain. But Wrath of Cortex wasn't like that.

Last edited:
Spyro: Shadow Legacy. Actually, I don't like it at all. I hate it like a freaking disease. But I am simultaneously so enthralled by the way it somehow manages to be epic crap in absolutely every single category by which you can measure games that I've actually played it through several times, just to relive how humorously awful it is. In other words, its humor factor actually gives it some degree of replay value.

Way too short, bugs galore, utterly betrays the Spyro vision (though most games after the first three are guilty of this, with possible exception of Season of Ice), hackneyed plot, appalling graphics and even worse collision physics, imbalanced world structure, repetitive music, and sound effects which border on ear rape. Its quality was about equal to a fangame made by an eight-year-old. It takes "so bad it's worth a look" to an entirely new level.

In response for the above post(Ninja alert, refers the post by Spirit Dragon), i like Zero Gravity better, than the first one...

ZG has excellent soundtrack, plus the epic effect when you do Gravity actions
ZG has entertainingly animated HUD i somewhy love...
ZG has fun gameplay
And ZG has one of my favorite pros i wish recent Wii game should have: 60 fps

Some youtube reviewers (and i think IGN also involved with this) don't like this game because of the way the graphic filters work, replacing the boost and drift with G-dive and control, the story, and such...

Despite the cons of this game, i still like this game.

P.S.: I'm gonna wait for someone to say he/she likes Sonic 06 XD

Last edited:
There's the obligatory "Sonic Heroes"~ I... really loved that game. It was still a good 3D Sonic game. It was fun playing as all of the characters with their different attributes and the levels were awesome~ Plus. The Chaotix were brought back~

Um... I quite liked "Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex" also. It was fun. I liked the layout of the third game and I'm glad it got re-used.

Let's see... "NiGHTS: journey of dreams" I love the original a lot more... But I still love this game~ While it would have probably been better if the score attack was more doable, the chase missions were way fun still~ My biggest problem is that you couldn't explore the chase levels as the kids as much as you could in the first game.

Um... All I can say about this game, is "Sonic Labyrinth" is playable. :P Still not my favorite though.

I really don't think a lot of people actually dislike Sonic Riders. I wasn't fond of Zero Gravity because they got rid of the air tank and it's harder to boost and attack, but the original was awesome~ I just think it should have been a SEGA Allstars game instead of a Sonic game.

Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Labyrinth, and Sonic 06.
I liked Sonic Riders's fast-paced racing, though it got old quickly.
I really liked Sonic Heroes's level design and gameplay style.
Sonic Labyrinth definitely isn't a normal Sonic game, but I still somewhat enjoyed it.
I don't think Sonic 06 is very good, but I don't think it's terrible. I enjoyed some of the Sonic, Shadow, and Silver stages and most of the Amigo stages, but I don't really like much of anything else.

Sonic 4 *Mauled*
Ok ok, in all seriousness... Sonic R

I hear a lot of people didn't like it which puzzles me...

Sonic 06: I don't really know why people hate it. Sure, its glitchy, but the storyline to me was pretty cool, actually. The mach speed parts are fun and enjoyable, and the music was just awesome.

I'd have to say METEOS for the DS, most people I know don't like it because it is "too confusing" when it is actually pretty simple, line 3 of the same blocks together to make others fly off of your planet and onto others while also trying to keep already launched blocks heading towards the top.

I finished it and for some reason had an empy feeling, so I erased the data to beat it again, and this is the only game whose data I don't regret erasing because it has a good deal of replayablility, you just have to cope with having to play alot so you can build new home planets to use.

Mortal Kombat.

Sure, there's been a few pretty bad ones, like Armageddon, and Deception wasn't that great, either. But I think people give it a lot more crap than it deserves. The controls really aren't that 'stiff', at least from what I've experienced, and if you look online, you'll see people pulling off combos just as good as you'd see in any Street Fighter game. I don't even really care about the blood anymore, I just put it on a lower setting. I think my favorite at this point would probably be MKvsDC, even though MK as a series is pretty much dead.

Also, Aero the Acrobat. Sure, it's a mascot platformer. Sure, you could tell it was trying to cash in on Sonic's success. But you know what? It was way more fun than Bubsy or Awesome Possum, and it was honestly pretty decent. The sequel was a lot better, since the spikes don't kill you instantly, and the graphics are some of the best on the SNES. They're almost Rayman-esque.

I was going to make this topic, but.. XD

Shadow the Hedgehog
---
I never saw what was so bad about this game. I really liked going through the levels and split up storylines. Guess what...? A game with all speed stages!

Sonic Riders
--
I found this game to really addictive, including the sequel. I have no idea why everyone hates it.

Runescape
--
"OMFG ITS A TEXTURE GAME"
Well, if texture games look and plays better than other games. I'm going to prefer "texture games"

Sonic Heroes: Sure the story is balls, and really repetitive; but I definately love to replay all the levels as Team Sonic, they're really fun. Plus the game has some pretty good music.

Sonic 06: Don't get me wrong; this game is an absolutely terrible game, but that's exactly what makes me like it. The game is flat-out hysterical because of how bad it is. 90% of the game is inexcusable crap, but that just gives me 90 more things to laugh my ass off about........ If that makes any sense.

Pokemon Channel
: I see a lot of dislike for this game, it kind of bugs me. Sure this game isn't no "Hey You Pikachu" (granted, Pikachu never listened to you in that game either) but I still spent days messing around with my little Pikachu, and it was quite fun.

In Sonic06, I particularly enjoyed Silver's gameplay. He MADE the game for me. I'm sad he hasn't made a comeback like Shadow's done so many times already.

Sonic Heroes for me was more of an experience, with the music, the level theming, and everything. I really enjoyed it, despite the flaws.

Shadow the Hedgehog turned out to be the best Sonic game for me, actually. Right before selling all of my old Sonic games I played them all in a row and decided that Shadow had the best handle on speed in the series. I also liked how the objectives influenced the level design. There was also an incognito two act system, which I liked very much. Pretty much the only bad thing about it was that I had already played it to death. And the camera, and the controls...

Sonic Riders. It was way more challenging than most of the games out today.

Zero Gravity sucked.

Pac-Man World 2:
Well, what can I say? This game had Stunning Graphics, And The gameplay was tricky, but nevertheless addicting.

Sonic 06:
Yeah, people say this game sucked. But honestly, I thought It was Decent. Fun, Actually. Though, there were Glitches, And the Characters' Speed was Slow like, it was still a fun game to play.

And finally,Shadow the Hedgehog.
Played it, enjoyed it.
There's Nothing wrong with it. I found it to be Quite exciting.

Sonic and the Black Knight: I'm a Medieval junkie, so the concept of Sonic running through an Arthurian landscape with a talking sword is something I find quite appealing. I am well aware of its many flaws, that its more narrow than its predecessor, that there is a control lag between input and action that takes getting used to, and it has already earned the hatred of any respectable fan.
Since I'm not a respectable fan, I enjoy trying to get the best score and playing through the side missions... I still have yet to play the legacy levels though. I also found the story very interesting for a Sonic storyline. The twist was not one that I saw coming, and the final boss was quite bittersweet.

I also liked the Rush series, SatSR, and Unleashed all for the time-attack and high score element. Heroes I actually don't like anymore, but I enjoyed it when I first played it so I got my money's worth. Like BZ4 said, the music and the settings were still good, and I didn't actually see Metal Sonic until months after I bought the game... perhaps years. Came close to breaking Ecco's record. Only game I have now that is close to breaking that record is Touhou. (I cheated for Starcraft... D= )

As expected, I like Sonic Riders. Even though it's a bit slow, you still get drifting in this game. That alone makes it better than Zero Gravity.

Sonic R is also a fun game, and I enjoy the voiced soundtrack. Every time I play it, I try to get all the coins and emeralds in one round. I really wish that people will eventually hack it to add improved models.

Sonic Heroes was ok. I barely play it, but don't mind it. I think I get bored easily whenever I try to play one level with one Team, and then quitting and switching to the next Team. That way, I get to master the level with Team Dark and Team Chaotix.

Shadow The Hedgehog is also a great game. They improved the buddy engine, so they don't move crappily while following you. I don't know why reviewers say that guns are useless, since you can kill your enemies much faster than with the homing attack, or Shadow's puny punches and kicks. Your retarded buddies are the worst when it comes to attacking, but at least they got infinite health.

Your retarded buddies are the worst when it comes to attacking, but at least they got infinite health.
Tails's tail-whipping attack can take down some of the bigger enemies in one or two strikes.
I also really loved Shadow the Hedgehog. I liked the speedy gameplay and the level design, and I liked the replay value. The missions adding to the design was very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back