Do you regret getting whatever game system you have? (Single 7th Gen Console owners)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeStratos

RENEWAL
So I got to start playing the Xbox 360 with my friend, and began to realize.. the Wii sucks... It literally sucks. Inferior graphics, obscene controls, and the gameplay of games such as MKWii just make the Wii a failure. Besides, you can't get demos, you can only do voice chat on a select number of games, and overall, there isn't exactly a perfect library of games for the Wii... at least ones that are extremely violent. I plan to get an Xbox. So how about you guys. Have you bought a game system that you regret buying? Keep in mind that this should count only towards people who own ONE of the three 7th gen game consoles. I don't need comments saying "I GOT A WII AND A PS3, SO I'M FINE! NO REGRETS, K?" No. None of that.

ONLY COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ONE SYSTEM, OR NONE AT ALL, PLEASE! AND NO, PC DOES NOT COUNT!

Well, I have all three plus a gaming PC, but I honestly almost never touch my PS3, so would that count?

Wii Owner

No, I don't regret it. I despise all of humanity so much that the lack of voice chat doesn't bother me. I'm not a fan of FPSes, so about 90% of the other 2 libraries is out. In addition, Smash Brothers. 'Nuff said.

*holds up fanboy-shield*

I'm not a fan of FPSes, so about 90% of the other 2 libraries is out.
Except the PS3 isn't all FPS games.
If you're just going to be a blatant fanboy, why bother posting?

The system that I regret getting is easily the Wii. Mediocre game library, almost-always bad controls, bad hardware, and nothing on it interests me -- I don't care about Brawl, Galaxy 1, Galaxy 2, or homebrew.
The Virtual Console would be a neat idea if there wasn't the fact that you can get it for free on a PC, and that "it's nostalgic" or "it's more realistic on a TV" doesn't apply to me.

Why the hell isn't the PC included, exactly?

Also, if I were to have gotten a ps3, I'm sure I would have regretted it. As of now, the only games that interest me in the slightest are Valkyrie Chronicles and that Neptune game by Compile Heart, and that might not even get translated.

But, to be honest, none of the consoles this gen really interest me, other than the Wii, as it's the only thing that I could justify wasting money on because you know, it doesn't have too many similarities with the PC unlike the 360 and PS3.

The Virtual Console would be a neat idea if there wasn't the fact that you can get it for free on a PC,
What do you mean by free?

I have a Wii. And sometimes I do regret buying it. Sonic Unleashed 360 made me really want to sell my Wii. I also wanted to play the newest Halo game.

Then, the PS3 is there. I played every single Metal Gear Solid game. Except 4, the same here is like "Go away Wii, PS3!". Kingdom Hearts is also one of my favorite series, and most of the games are Sony exclusive. AND some PS3s have PS2 BC so I could play the 3 games on PS2. (I might want to try out Little Big Planet)

But, then I realize that the Wii has awesome games coming out like. Kirby, Metroid:The Other M, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda:Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3, AND Sonic Colors. There are also games already out like Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Monster Hunter Tri that are must haves. The Wii also have a unique control scheme which isn't done on other controls. It makes a lot more ways to play games and even make them more fun.

I wish I could own all 3. Since every console has games I want to play.

NO I love my wii very much, there are great games for it, I really like all the systems. Remember, all systems are good and bad. 360 is probably the worst because of how it breaks down alot. I want one, but it seems bad that it breaks down like that.

I don't regret getting a Wii, but it is sad to see so much of its potential dwindled by third party gaming companies. I'll go to some store with a small games section, and all I see is shovelware stacked on top of babyware stacked on top of girlware. It's sickening.

Well, I have all three plus a gaming PC, but I honestly almost never touch my PS3, so would that count?
ONLY COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ONE SYSTEM, OR NONE AT ALL, PLEASE! AND NO, PC DOES NOT COUNT!
Dare I say more?

Wii Owner

No, I don't regret it. I despise all of humanity so much that the lack of voice chat doesn't bother me. I'm not a fan of FPSes, so about 90% of the other 2 libraries is out. In addition, Smash Brothers. 'Nuff said.

*holds up fanboy-shield*
Sure, you got Brawl, but I'm losing my acceptance for the Wii. I missed my chance with Sonic Unleashed, Xbox recent got Split/Second and Blur, and on top of that, you got a whole lobotomy of demos to try, unlike Wii.

Except the PS3 isn't all FPS games.
If you're just going to be a blatant fanboy, why bother posting?

The system that I regret getting is easily the Wii. Mediocre game library, almost-always bad controls, bad hardware, and nothing on it interests me -- I don't care about Brawl, Galaxy 1, Galaxy 2, or homebrew.
The Virtual Console would be a neat idea if there wasn't the fact that you can get it for free on a PC, and that "it's nostalgic" or "it's more realistic on a TV" doesn't apply to me.
Well, ROMs may be useful, but it's sometimes better to get the VC games, just to get an experience simillar to the original. Remember, not everyone knows about emulation or Homebrew.

Why the hell isn't the PC included, exactly?

Also, if I were to have gotten a ps3, I'm sure I would have regretted it. As of now, the only games that interest me in the slightest are Valkyrie Chronicles and that Neptune game by Compile Heart, and that might not even get translated.

But, to be honest, none of the consoles this gen really interest me, other than the Wii, as it's the only thing that I could justify wasting money on because you know, it doesn't have too many similarities with the PC unlike the 360 and PS3.

PC isn't included because everyone owns a PC (or mac) and they can't say they regret it or love it. Whether you don't want it, but require it, or you got it solely for gaming, almost EVERY game that exists can be played on a PC, emulated or otherwise. And it doesn't count as "&th Gen" since the PC has been around since the 80s (and farther beyond that.)

PS3 is getting LBP2, k? Unlike LBP1, 2 will let you make ANYTHING. You might wanna look at some E3 footage and add that to your list.

What do you mean by free?

I have a Wii. And sometimes I do regret buying it. Sonic Unleashed 360 made me really want to sell my Wii. I also wanted to play the newest Halo game.

Then, the PS3 is there. I played every single Metal Gear Solid game. Except 4, the same here is like "Go away Wii, PS3!". Kingdom Hearts is also one of my favorite series, and most of the games are Sony exclusive. AND some PS3s have PS2 BC so I could play the 3 games on PS2. (I might want to try out Little Big Planet)

But, then I realize that the Wii has awesome games coming out like. Kirby, Metroid:The Other M, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda:Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3, AND Sonic Colors. There are also games already out like Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Monster Hunter Tri that are must haves. The Wii also have a unique control scheme which isn't done on other controls. It makes a lot more ways to play games and even make them more fun.

I wish I could own all 3. Since every console has games I want to play.

Well, I won't question you there. Brawl, MKWii, MHTri, they're probably the only games that you must have. But even then, I really want the Xbox. Sure, I'm obsessed with the demo feature, but geting XBLGold would make a lot of stuff possible.

NO I love my wii very much, there are great games for it, I really like all the systems. Remember, all systems are good and bad. 360 is probably the worst because of how it breaks down alot. I want one, but it seems bad that it breaks down like that.
I think Microsoft tried fixing that with the new Kinexbox 360. (The new one that's black that includes the Kinect device) But my friend's Xbox hasn't broken yet, and he's had it since 2008.

Downloading ROMs. Yes, it's illegal. (oh nooooooo)
True, a lot of people emulate, but I'm sure they'd legibly download the game on VC if they think it's worth it.

I have the PC and the Wii, though I hardly use the Wii at all after completing most of the big-name games I have for it. I'll probably pick it up again once some of the stuff showcased at E3 is released (de Blob 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, and Donkey Kong Country Returns). I definitely haven't regretted the Wii.

PC gaming, especially when coupled with Steam, was a fantastic discovery for me about two years ago. Slowdown is a big problem on my laptop sometimes, but I do have great games without such heavy graphical requirements that run just fine most of the time. The wide range of games I have on my PC (most of which are pretty damned cheap - I think my most expensive titles cost $10) boggles my mind a bit.

I really don't want enough specific titles to justify the purchase of an Xbox 360 or PS3, and whenever I've played them their performance is good, but not distinctively better than the Wii.

Last edited:
I'm going to sound out of place here, but, I regret buying the Xbox360 it just sits there because it has no good games that I like. I do not enjoy First person shooter games witch is what all the "good" xbox games are. (that and raceing games, uugh.) unlike the wii who's best games are platformers, fighting, and whatever Zelda is.

That happens to me you can send it in to be fixed. It takes like 3 days. About $80 if you don't have warranty.

Personally, I have a Wii and a 360 and don't regret either purchase. I definitely don't play video games as much as I did last generation, but I've more than gotten my money worth out of both of my systems by this point.

Wii owner here. I can't say I totally regret it, since despite all the shovelware for it, it still allows me to play Mario.

Outside of Nintendo first-party exclusives, though, I vastly prefer PC. Yes, I've read the OP and how he's screaming, "OMG NO PC NO PC." Just making a statement about Wii usage, is all.

Last edited:
personally, i have a wii and a 360 and don't regret either purchase. I definitely don't play video games as much as i did last generation, but i've more than gotten my money worth out of both of my systems by this point.

Mystic, you can't post here! Single console owners only! :(

Mystic, you can't post here! Single console owners only! :(
Let's just completely ignore that restriction, because quite honestly, it makes no sense to prohibit people with more than one console to participate in this thread. In fact, the opposite is true: If you have more than one console, you might say more easily if it made sense to buy both, if just one would have been enough etc. (And before anybody accuses me of not getting Bigboi's post, I know perfectly that he wanted to say the same thing as I did, but chose cynicism to get his point across, as always.)

I don't own any console, so, according to the first post, I'm eligible to post here :D Now wait a minute, what should I talk about then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back