Sprite frame help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

August 29th, 2006. That's only a week and a half ago. I could barely consider this an offensive bump. For some reason, people are offended by bumps of topics made months in the past.

On that note, why do people even complain? It's not against the rules, is it? It should be a totally valid act. It looks as if we need to put bumping back on the rules list to keep consistency with all those who complain. :\

Digiku said:
What?

August 29th, 2006. That's only a week and a half ago. I could barely consider this an offensive bump. For some reason, people are offended by bumps of topics made months in the past.

On that note, why do people even complain? It's not against the rules, is it? It should be a totally valid act. It looks as if we need to put bumping back on the rules list to keep consistency with all those who complain. :\

How big does it have to be to be a bump?
I'm not complaining.

Mystic said:
I'm more tempted to make complaining about a bump against the rules.

Thats right people should get over it. I think bumping is perfectly fine if it's
an important topic.

I think it's alright to complain if it was a pointless bump. Something to say "lol" or to answer a three year old question to a user that doesn't exist anymore.

Digiku said:
What?

I understand what you mean. Anything that isn't at least two weeks old shouldn't even be considered a bump. Really, the reason I think most people hate long bumps, though, is because it causes clutter, and most of the time, the bump is rather useless. There could be a character wad topic that hasn't been posted in for two years and someone could go, "omg this wad roxxorz" without even looking at the post date. Anything like that, I can find right in people complaining about the bump.

However, although most forums just lock topics that are bumped like that, I guess it can be handled under control if people say "stfu kthnxbye" and convince them not to do anymore useless bumps like that. As for useful bumps, I have absolutely nothing against it, and I can see why bumping has been excluded from the rules because of it.

...I have no idea which side I'm rooting for currently.

EDIT: Nyarg, you beat me to it, Shuf.

Blue Warrior said:
I understand what you mean. Anything that isn't at least two weeks old shouldn't even be considered a bump. Really, the reason I think most people hate long bumps, though, is because it causes clutter, and most of the time, the bump is rather useless. There could be a character wad topic that hasn't been posted in for two years and someone could go, "omg this wad roxxorz" without even looking at the post date. Anything like that, I can find right in people complaining about the bump.
The thing is, complaining about the bump makes it HARDER to fix it. If you guys wanted me to institute some kind of anti-bumping solution, the main one is to simply DELETE the offending bump message, throwing the topic back on the page where it belongs. Replying fifteen times with "LOL U BUMPED LAMER!!" makes it not worth my time to delete the 16 messages individually. Insulting someone for bumping a topic is a simple and complete waste of everyone's time, whether your insult is justified or not. You guys want me to do something about rampant bumping of 3-year old topics? Stop replying and we can go somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back