SRB2 Team Fortress 2 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

iStepable

iStepable
Ok so Me and some friends were playing TF2, Till cue says that there should be a topic. So I said yes and I made this. This is the official TF2 SRB2 sever that Cue hosts. The only thing you need the is cp_castle4 and cp_ironbowl_b3 (Note that I may be wrong and you need other stuff.) This sever I think is on all day long. And I think thats it.

EDIT: forgot you need steam to get on the server. Steam can be found on here:http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=home&cc=X TF2 is only $19.00 bucks plus tax.

Right, let's make this a bit more understandable.

The SRB2.org Team Fortress 2 server is hosted on the srb2.org server, running under Alam's account. I just happen to have administrative access to it, that's all. =P

The server itself can be found here: steam://connect/srb2.org. You'll need Steam to be able to use that link properly.

The stats can be found at http://steam.srb2.org/stats/ they're updated every ten minutes so they're pretty close to live.

The server is up 24/7 so join whenever, on a good day we have 7-8 players at least. Everything will be downloaded from the server when required and any problems should be reported to myself, since Alam and Logan have enough to sort out already.

So, yeah, that's it...

- Cue out.

EDIT: Just added 3 custom maps:

cp_steel_b4
tc_meridian_b1
tc_boulder_v1

Enjoy.

I haven't really been around here lately, I'm thinking: "HOLY SHIT WE HAVE A TF2 SERVER?".

Really, this is awesome.

I should install this on my comp. I never installed it from my copy of The Orange Box. I didn't have the space at the time, but now I have plenty.
EDIT: Also,
topic title said:
Team fortness

Sky Ninja said:
I should install this on my comp. I never installed it from my copy of The Orange Box. I didn't have the space at the time, but now I have plenty.
EDIT: Also,
topic title said:
Team fortness

In the voice of the TF2 Announcer, YOU FAIL! TF2 is pretty much the only good thing in TOB apart from Portal.

Even if you DO find a torrent, you won't be able to play it. It runs on stam, and steam is anti hack and that that shizz-stuff.

Snipe, it's the free weekend, download Steam and you can play TF2 for free till tomorrow night, then ask around, they just started letting people give out 3 day guest passes.

(You can't play on steam based servers with non-steam games)

Cue said:
(You can't play on steam based servers with non-steam games)

So If I bought a copy of Team Fortress 2 at walmart, I wouldnt be able to connect to steam based servers?

If you buy TF2 from the store (As long as it's the PC version), it does come with steam and you can play on steam based servers.

Also, does anyone have a list of maps on the server? My computer for some reason has problems downloading maps from servers (It either takes ages to download or doesn't download at all.)

Much later...

I bump this topic with some news reguarding the server:

In early-mid November I recived FTP/Shell access to the server, which means I can add/remove maps, change .cfg files, and whatnot -- in layman's terms, I have full control over the server now. Again, don't send complaints to Alam/Logan, but to me.

For a list of the maps we have (with downloads), check at:
http://steam.srb2.org/TF2/maps

Our main problem with the server, currently, is the inactivity. We would appereciate it if you guys would actually start to attend the server on a regular basis.

Thanks,
sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back