• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Art maker (By Ors and LJ_Sonik)

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb20187.png

srb20188.png

srb20189.png

srb20190.png

srb20191.png

...such a shame you can't "save" these things once you've done. =(

Bad news. I had made a cool CTF map with two Monument builders and custom button textures. (one for each team) and finally the map worked well. I decided to delete all the back ups and finish it with XWE. But when I opened it with XWE it was corrupted and everything was gone.

I'll not make that again soon (I'm too much frustrated) but some day I'll do.

Bad news. I had made a cool CTF map with two Monument builders and custom button textures. (one for each team) and finally the map worked well. I decided to delete all the back ups and finish it with XWE. But when I opened it with XWE it was corrupted and everything was gone.

I'll not make that again soon (I'm too much frustrated) but some day I'll do.

Yeah, XWE is a piece of shit. You should try out SLADE, it's what I use.

I thought that XWE makes automatic backups? See if there isn't a wad.bak file that you might have missed.

If if isn't there and you already emptied the recycle bin try recuvera or some other free file recovering tool(I would download it directly to a flash drive so that you won't overwrite the files you are trying to recover).

Try looking for part of the file name and hopefully one of your backups will be fully there to recover.

As far as SLADE goes, you might have to make sure that you download the runtimes and try using the beta version. I think that version runs better on some computers, but I haven't really tried it in a long while.

Last edited:
I thought that XWE makes automatic backups? See if there isn't a wad.bak file that you might have missed.

If if isn't there and you already emptied the recycle bin try recuvera or some other free file recovering tool(I would download it directly to a flash drive so that you won't overwrite the files you are trying to recover).

Try looking for part of the file name and hopefully one of your backups will be fully there to recover.

As far as SLADE goes, you might have to make sure that you download the runtimes and try using the beta version. I think that version runs better on some computers, but I haven't really tried it in a long while.

Actually XWE makes backups but I thought the file would not be corrupted and deleted all the backups after editing because they took 500 MB space of my memory stick. Then I tested my wad and noted something is wrong.

But don't worry. I just started rebuilding the CTF-map even if I'm still frustrated. I think it's ready tomorrow but released after 2.1 because I'll try to make all of this better with Lua.

I could see this being used in a level where you have to build up in order to progress or something along those lines, but then again, there's the linedef limit to deal with.

Good news! I have rebuilt the CTF map:
5o38eo6ilpyzwv8fg.jpg

You have to build your way up to the opponet's flag and out of there. But don't worry, there's 3 (No random) whirlwind shield monitors in the map.

I'm gonna change this wad to a collab with LJ sonik. He has genious ideas. There will be (at least) 6 maps with at least 3 different ways to make art in the wad.
You'll see what are they. =)

Looks nice! I just hope that cheaters just don't block the flag, because im pretty sure that SOMEONE will do that (building around the flag and no way to go inside)

Hahaha, I am happy to see the CTF version is on it's way. I am gonna be looking forward to playing this when it is done.

Some people that I know had that same problem and the normal fix was me giving them my complete .dta file. I was going to ask Ors what that was about but I had checked the MAINCFG and the TypeofLevel is 4099 which equals Single Player, Coop, and Race so I don't know what's wrong...

Seems like my type of WAD! Now I'm just going to boot this into SRB2 and take a loo...
SRB2ErrorWut_zpsdc182680.png

???^2

Some people that I know had that same problem and the normal fix was me giving them my complete .dta file. I was going to ask Ors what that was about but I had checked the MAINCFG and the TypeofLevel is 4099 which equals Single Player, Coop, and Race so I don't know what's wrong...

Well...

SRB2 Wiki said:
Tags 4240, 4250, 4260

These are watermarking tags. They are used to prevent people from loading the secret levels until they are properly unlocked. Tag 4240 is used in the Mario levels and is deactivated by completing the game with all Chaos Emeralds. Tag 4250 is used in Spring Hill Zone and is deactivated by collecting 1/4 of all emblems. Tag 4260 is used in Neo Aerial Garden Zone and is deactivated by unlocking it via the RedXVI secret.

Don't use these tags or your map will end up unloadable if the player has not completed any of the above tasks. They can be theoretically used in custom modifications to watermark secret levels, but they can only be used with maps that are unlocked with the methods described above.

It's likely that Ors used one of these in the map, which answers why the game thinks this map is locked.

Last edited:
at least 3 different ways to make art in the wad.
Only 2, because due to a gargoyle bug I just noticed, the Music Maker is cancelled.
It was meant to be a in-game "midi" editor that would allows players to create piano musictracks that could handle 2 channels allowing a maximum of 256 notes each.
The bug is due to the way srb2 detects pushables with FOFs: the note-switcher was based on a multi-FOF + gargoyle selector and the music-player on gargoyle teleports, why can only work properly when the detection FOFs are moving with linedef 403 or 404.
I know there is probably a way to fix that, but it would be excessively expensive with linedefs for each FOF... Especially with 2.1 and Lua coming this week-end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back