Gamecube Controller Troubles

TheBronxYordle

"Captain Teemo on duty!"
So recently I've been trying to use my Gamecube controller to play SRB2 and SRB2K. The game recognizes the controller and the buttons but for some reason I can't navigate menus with the D-Pad or the Joystick and in game I can only use the D-Pad to move and steer although I have my X and Y axis set in the controller options. I made sure my drivers were up to date and windows shows that the joystick is responsive so I'm just stuck to what may be going on.

The USB hub I'm using is the official Wii U hub and the driver I'm using is Gamecube USB Adapter v3.2.1.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or fixes anyone may have.

IIRC, the names of the axes are standardized for the sticks and triggers of Xbox 360 controllers, and thus they may vary for other kinds of controllers. When I use my GameCube controller in SRB2 Kart, for instance, my turning axis is set to X-Rudder and my aiming axis to V-Axis. I use a different driver, so these may not be the axes that work for you, but play around with the different axes until it's set up correctly!

I've tried every combination so far and still getting no response, what's the name of the driver you used for your gamecube controller, maybe it could help my situation out of curiosity.

use `joy.cpl` and label the layout of the joystick input?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back