Gametype voting zone (possibility?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diskette Projector

Floppy Disk Horse
I once got this crazic idea while i was bored.

I'm planning to do a map which is like a lobby room from SPmoves, SF94 serv, but this one is about voting a gametype with buttons!

I'll tell you how it supposed to work:

All 32 players (except the 1st player) start in seperate diffirent room, where meeting each other is impossible. The 1st player's job is to wait for a vote to be post, by clicking to a button that makes a vote being sent! When the 1st player decides to end the vote, he/she simply presses the "proceed" button, and the map detects which buttons were pressed the most! The gametype what were pressed the most, opens a door for all players with diffirent methods for the voted gametype (see note1), then they can once again vote for a method to play, and the 1st player wait, and press another "proceed" button to continue! Once the vote done, a door for the voted method will open ONLY for the 1st player, there will be the final button/sector, which will display a cecho message saying 'VOTE HAS ENDED / GAMETYPE: CTF / METHOD: FAIR PLAY' (see note2), then the server will change to the desired gametype!

What i'm trying to ask here, that is there a POSSIBILITY to make such a map, with random SOC editing and such! If so, then the actual editing help later (see note3)

You can also post stuff that i forgot, or post suggestions! I will glad to hear it from you all!

---

Note1: Method is a "rule setups" for diffirent gametype i use in my server! For example: Match's 'SRB2 default' uses the default settings used in SRB2, while 'Kancsar's special' uses 750 pointlimit, respawnitemtime 15, etc.

Note2: That cecho message was an example. The way these cecho messages will act is setting diffirent cecho messages for diffirent buttons, because of what vote was choosen! (if you know what i mean)

Note3: Remember, this is only a question about the possibility of creating such a map, not a 'how to make this map' question!

EDIT1: 'If not, then the actual editing help later' was wrong, i was trying to say 'If so'. Edited

It's very possible to create a map which gives the host visual cues as to which gametype the other players like most, but automatically switching the map like that seems to be a tall order.

I'm thinking that maybe with an insanely complicated combination of "raise sector floor by line" linedef executors it might be possible. Probably not worth the effort though.

Biospark said:
Looks good but just show us a pic or a proof of that(if you are doing it).
Proof is not necessary for "Is it possible" topics.

Its because i thinked he was starting a WAD or a EXE of this. And yes its problably possible but it shoud be really hard with all those scripts. You should do it with somebody if you want to do it.

I did this ages ago, but in a really primitive manner-I had four sections of a map, and people just moved to which one they wanted (Race, Match, CTF, Tag), and a little script would tell them which corner meant which. Then, as Tails, I'd just fly up and count the votes, and switch accordingly. There's no real need to have automatic map switching when it saves very little time and effort.

One way of doing this is to have a door to each gametype, but covering the doors are a bunch of breakable walls and stop player linedef executors. Then, everyone will have to keep spindashing into the door they want, and whoever is able to break the walls through brute force, wins.

Kaysakado said:
One way of doing this is to have a door to each gametype, but covering the doors are a bunch of breakable walls and stop player linedef executors. Then, everyone will have to keep spindashing into the door they want, and whoever is able to break the walls through brute force, wins.

User: Ok! I am gonna use Knux for that!

srb2kirbyo said:
Kaysakado said:

User: Ok! I am gonna use Knux for that!
That's why the stop linedef executors are there. It would probably be faster to use Sonic and keep mashing spindash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back