• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Tales of Tails: The Search for Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, I would show you gameplay, I would show you the levels, I would let you criticize and all but..... Doom Builder isn't working. I try setting the IWAD (as said by SLumpEd) and try changing the Defaults, but then...
2dh8m8i.jpg

That looks like the saem error I got when using SRB2 Doom Builder on Vista, but I won't jump to that at the moment. Try looking up "Doom Builder Run-time error '75'" into google or something (without quotes). That should probably help with trying to fix it.

That looks like the saem error I got when using SRB2 Doom Builder on Vista, but I won't jump to that at the moment. Try looking up "Doom Builder Run-time error '75'" into google or something (without quotes). That should probably help with trying to fix it.

*Ahem-hem* I've said it many times before...

My parents don't let me search stuff online.

Runtime Error 75 is a Windows-specific error that usually appears when you try to access a program that you do not have the rights to access. Runtime Error 75 is particularly frustrating because, in addition to displaying an error message, it will not allow you to access the program you want to access. Fortunately, there is a simple way to fix this problem and prevent the error message from reappearing.

How to fix runtime error 75:

1. Restart your computer and wait for the login screen to appear.
  2. Select the administrator account from the list of available accounts. Note that if there is only one account, it is the administrator account.
  3. Type the password if prompted and click "OK."
  4. Right-click on the program that is generating the Runtime 75 error. A context menu appears.
  5. Select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu. The program should now run without any errors. If you continue to receive a Runtime 75 error message, consider running your anti-virus program. Sometimes, runtime errors are caused by computer viruses.
Taken from:
http://www.ehow.com/how_6669017_fix-runtime-error-75.html

Runtime Error 75 is a Windows-specific error that usually appears when you try to access a program that you do not have the rights to access. Runtime Error 75 is particularly frustrating because, in addition to displaying an error message, it will not allow you to access the program you want to access. Fortunately, there is a simple way to fix this problem and prevent the error message from reappearing.

How to fix runtime error 75:

1. Restart your computer and wait for the login screen to appear.
  2. Select the administrator account from the list of available accounts. Note that if there is only one account, it is the administrator account.
  3. Type the password if prompted and click "OK."
  4. Right-click on the program that is generating the Runtime 75 error. A context menu appears.
  5. Select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu. The program should now run without any errors. If you continue to receive a Runtime 75 error message, consider running your anti-virus program. Sometimes, runtime errors are caused by computer viruses.
Taken from:
http://www.ehow.com/how_6669017_fix-runtime-error-75.html

zja58x.jpg

It could be because you don't have cmcs21.ocx in the SRB2 Doom Builder directory, other than that, other sources indicate a resgistry clean up will fix it probably.

well i had that problem once to all I did was replace a file i think it was scrrun.dll and I placed it into system32 or I think it was just system but i think that was for a different problem but it fixed it:D by the way nice art keep up the good art & work.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

It could be because you don't have cmcs21.ocx in the SRB2 Doom Builder directory, other than that, other sources indicate a resgistry clean up will fix it probably.
it's a file that doom builder installs you can find it just that it took me a while to figure it out dont worry i'll figure it out!(hopefully i REMEMBER!!)

Last edited:
I've found a theme song for ToT.

"Waiting for You" by Lee Ritenour. Search it on YouTube.

What does that song have to do with the game? Very pretty song, but I'm trying to figure out what it has to do with it...

I love how no actual progress has been shown of this wad and it still slipped under the mod-radars.

Well, considering the fact that Virt was learning how to make FOF's in November, even if there are levels, they're probably not going to be all that amazing...as first maps are always bad *looks at my Green Hill Zone maps*

Also, if he can't get doombuilder to work correctly (as seen from earlier in this thread) I'm not sure how much progress there could actually be...

Last edited:
I'm hoping that this mod will be the best it can be, and I'm really trying to work on it. Just give me a little more time...

Virt while the story is good and those cutscene pictures are good, there more the icing on the cake sort of thing, maybe work on one act for a level and then build upon that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back