When did you first started makeing srb2 levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey6018

Also *Dragoon*The*Dragon*
when did you started making maps ?what inspired you?I first started making maps when I saw an incrediable level some one made two years ago I think. I loved it so much that I want to make levels people would love to play. My first attempt went terriable but that didnt stop my themes would be fused together incorrect and horriable.then I had to leave the community for a year with no internet I had to figure out manys things I know today . We moved near a libary and I got to go to the wiki and ask for help then I got better with the help of some friend and thats my story!

Sometime at the start of 2009, when I made this stupid, hilariously bad level pack named Project: Sphere.

I started to make levels sometime in 2009, I started with this awful level pack that I never named and then made this other level pack named Sonic Robo Blast 2 - Android Maddness (Now called With G.U.N in Hand)

Sometime at the start of 2009, when I made this stupid, hilariously bad level pack named Project: Sphere.
You're exaggerating the badness of that pack. ;)

I started mapping in May 2010. It happened during a discussion in #srb2fun where I said something along the lines of "I could use someone to collab with me, I don't have the inspiration to do it myself". Along came Cinefast, we had a ridiculously complex idea for a CTF map involving buttons that turn water into lava and shut doors, I made the map (Cinefast didn't contribute much), we didn't test it and released it to the May/June 2010 contest. It's called Wellspring Keep Zone if you seriously think you wanna play it. As I should have realized, the button gimmick was needlessly disruptive and didn't add to the enjoyment of the map one bit. Not to mention it didn't always work correctly thanks to a bug in SRB2. Add to that two pretty cramped paths to the flag and nothing but a bunch of filler for the middle section and you get a pretty mediocre map.

Well, it scored a 6.15 and came second place, which isn't too bad, but honestly, I think the votes were partially influenced by a huge amount of negative campaigning against Freezing Flame and Radiant Cavern on my part as well as a few implausibly high scores for my map. In retrospect, I would give my map a 4/10 or 5/10, Freezing Flame a 6/10 and Radiant Cavern a 7/10. Oh, and Scizor's map still gets a 2/10. I actually tried redoing the map, but nothing ever came of that. I don't think any of its parts are particularly impressive anyway. And I would only want to make a map if it's impressive.

And that's the story of how I started (and stopped) mapping. I have no intentions of returning to it anytime soon. I don't really have ideas and I don't the imagination you need to make a map look appealing.

I started around half way through the 1.09.4a era. My first level was called classroom it is so bad I cannot describe it. I made my first 2.0 map the legendary canyon ctf, it was so bad I got my own little part in the wiki
After Iron Turret Returns Zone won its' division, maps that were based heavily on previously released maps were banned from the OLDC. Canyon CTF Zone by Eggmanfan was the first CTF map to get an average of 0.0. Unlike The Shining River Zone, the first level to obtain a flat 0.0, Canyon CTF was not disqualified, making it the "true" holder of the first 0.0 average, and the worst map in the history of the Official Level Design Contest.

I recently started mapping around two months ago and created my first map, Modern Meadow Zone. Right now I'm working on a CTF map for the OLDC, which I may or may not finish for this contest. Some things about it so far feels incomplete and I want to add a bit more to it.

I don't really plan on making any SP maps, really. I just don't feel that I can make a level unique and inspirational enough for single player mode.

I started Spring 2009. Most of my maps were horrible when I first started and I didn't release a single one until a year later. I never devoted much of my time to mapping and only did it as a hobby, but now that summer is here I plan to become better at it.

2008, was when I began mapping and began the sth360 mod. Wasn't really the best way to begin mapping. Original's the best way to go kids ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back