Hey guys! Quick question.

Chocolate

Choco
Should I make a custom character? I read the wiki page about how to do it, but it seems kinda complicated to me. I know that at least one person whos gonna comment on this made a character before, and I also kinda want it to be compatible with XMomentum. So, should I do it?

You can do it if you want to. Even tho it's kinda conplicated since you have to make the sprites and codding (If you want your character to have an custom ability) Making character add-ons is not meant for anyone since it takes some time depending on how the character is planned to look like, or by other words, we should be patient. But of course that these details don't stop you from making a character add-on! You can do it but remember that it's making can be sometimes confusing soo if you have any questions, we're here to help!

It depends.

If this would be your first time attempting to create a mod for SRB2, I would rather encourage you to start small and try out different aspects of SRB2 modding first and see what do you find the most interesting or comfortable to work with, as well as better understand some of the technicalities of the game.
Create some small gameplay mods with Lua, make some test levels with Zone Builder, perhaps make sprite and sound replacements to better understand SRB2's sprite and sound system, and such.

Custom characters are known for needing some commitment, as most mods as of late involve custom code, 200+ sprites(!), sometimes with compatibility with whatever's hot at the moment...
I would absolutely not recommend starting out with a SRB2 character if, again, it's your first time modding the game.

Though nothing stops you from starting with one of the hardest type of mods if you want to! Do keep in mind it's not going to be a breeze.

It depends.

If this would be your first time attempting to create a mod for SRB2, I would rather encourage you to start small and try out different aspects of SRB2 modding first and see what do you find the most interesting or comfortable to work with, as well as better understand some of the technicalities of the game.
Create some small gameplay mods with Lua, make some test levels with Zone Builder, perhaps make sprite and sound replacements to better understand SRB2's sprite and sound system, and such.

Custom characters are known for needing some commitment, as most mods as of late involve custom code, 200+ sprites(!), sometimes with compatibility with whatever's hot at the moment...
I would absolutely not recommend starting out with a SRB2 character if, again, it's your first time modding the game.

Though nothing stops you from starting with one of the hardest type of mods if you want to! Do keep in mind it's not going to be a breeze.
I agree with Rapidgame7. Think for a moment training a Chao for races, you need to train him in every attributes to win a marathon. Same goes to a custom Character, you need to get used to Lua, Sprites, etc. And then you can make a succesfull Custom Character

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back