My age restrictions rant - full of ranting ranty goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Right, I told you it was for another topic.

Stuff has crappy age restrictions. Xbox Live, Beta Testing stuff, etc etc.

I have to phone up and speak to someone just to check my Natwest CardPlus Account Balance because I can't use internet or telephone banking!

And then there's game rating...
Just because of a little blood it should instantly be given an age rating of 16+/18+?

If it has language that's another matter, but for violence, I find it very depressing.

On another age note, have you ever had someone refuse to sell you a computer part because they thought you wouldn't know what you were doing, because you were too young?

Re: My age restrictions rant - full of ranting ranty goodnes

cueball61 said:
On another age note, have you ever had someone refuse to sell you a computer part because they thought you wouldn't know what you were doing, because you were too young?

That's why you go take the A+ Certification test and flash your card.

Cueball61 said:
And then there's game rating...
Just because of a little blood it should instantly be given an age rating of 16+/18+?

If it has language that's another matter, but for violence, I find it very depressing.
Seconded.
It's not like children do not see blood, anyway.
They'll get little wounds sometimes, also when playing with each other.

The age restrictions should be in place and they are for a reason. Some people ARE impressionable and there are a lot of people who will abuse having something such as a bank account. (Although i feel having to phone up just to check your balance is a bit... silly)

However sometimes i do feel that the age restriction backfires and suddenly playing or watching Eighteen rated is "cool" or whatever people want to call it now.

Eighteen is too high, IMHO.
Let the stupids pay if they screw up, don't let intelligent people pay for the stupids.

Ok, guys, let's let the 7-year-old play M rated games! *Insert pictures of school shootings.* No.

Bah, that's not what causes school shootings. If anything it prevents them by relieving stress.
This is speaking as someone who has regularly considered bringing a lethal weapon to school, and decided not too after using violent videogames to relieve stress.

Draykon said:
Bah, that's not what causes school shootings. If anything it prevents them by relieving stress.
This is speaking as someone who has regularly considered bringing a lethal weapon to school, and decided not too after using violent video games to relieve stress.

Not every idiot's brain works the same way, Draykon.

I don't really get why people think video games = evil. Heck, I play Gears of War, and I don't have any nasty side effects.
Well, there was that one time I tried to curb-stomp my friend's foot...but that's something completely different.
Anyways, age doesn't really affect maturity. What we need are maturity scanners. Since those don't exist, we get profiled into generic age groups that are deemed mature/not mature and judged so.

Shu said:
Ok, guys, let's let the 7-year-old play M rated games! *Insert pictures of school shootings.* No.
Nice. Let your ego turn into a rock why don'tcha? School shootings don't happen because of video games, and it's been proven. It's only off the idiots where these things come from.

See, this is what I hate, Video games can have violence restrictions, but TV and Movies can get past as many restrictions as they want, it sickens me.

furyhunter600 said:
Shu said:
Nice. Let your ego turn into a rock why don'tcha? School shootings don't happen because of video games, and it's been proven. It's only off the idiots where these things come from.

Proven by who? I get really angry every time I play a lot of fighting games.

Re: My age restrictions rant - full of ranting ranty goodnes

cueball61 said:
What game are you referring to?
I'm looking at the ESRB site, and I'm seeing a lot of E to T games with 'Mild blood' and such... Even an E-rated game with 'animated blood' and 'violence'.

Heh, I recall Starfox Adventures was rated T for "Animated Blood"

The closest to blood that game has is whenever your staff hits something, a little flash of light comes out.

Draykon said:
Heh, I recall Starfox Adventures was rated T for "Animated Blood"

The closest to blood that game has is whenever your staff hits something, a little flash of light comes out.

*Me goes and checks* You're right. Tales of Symphonia has more blood than that game, and says nothing of it.

I don't really care about the rating and stuff, No one ever listens. I was in school helping out the 2nd graders and they were talking about games like Scarface :eek:

Shu said:
furyhunter600 said:
Shu said:

Proven by who? I get really angry every time I play a lot of fighting games.

Maybe it's because you sucked at it and kept losing? :roll:

I should go beg my parents for Dead Rising and GoW :l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back