Team Fortress 2:Why hate 2Fort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowadays on Team Fortress 2 whenever I motion a server to pick 2Fort for the next map, people just call it horrible. Why? The only reason I could think of why people actually hated the map was because of Snipers. They're supposed to kill incoming enemies, but other snipers just try to kill other snipers, leading into a minigame of sorts.

I think the reason people don't like it is due to how easy it is to turtle inside the base. Still a fun map though. If their ignorance bothers you too much, just go to a 24/7 2fort server. I also recall once mapvoting to change to pl_badwater and seven or eight numbnuts grew incredibly upset over it, even requesting that the one voting pl_badwater be kicked (thank god the voting is anonymous on that server). Seriously, pl_badwater is a good map. Has lots of action.

Because there are better maps. I'd much rather play ctf_turbine or ctf_mach4. Personally, on both maps there is a bit more room to breathe and due to the intel locations, turtles are a bit easier to crack.

I find 2fort to be to frustrating, because 80% of all players go engineer and set up sentries in the exact same places each game. Really, the only way to have fun on those servers is to play as the Spy and listen to all of those "Spy sappin' mai sentry".

But that's just my opinion. It'd be a better map if it wasn't so biased towards engineers, really.

supersonic45 said:
The only reason I could think of why people actually hated the map was because of Snipers. They're supposed to kill incoming enemies, but other snipers just try to kill other snipers, leading into a minigame of sorts.
Well, the only reason to actually only focus on other Snipers is if there are like, 3. Otherwise, you'd just snipe the other sniper and resume sniping anyone else who comes by.
But then, I don't play Sniper very much. (Though when I do, I'm fairly good at it) I usually like to play Scout, and hop my way to the enemy snipers to bonk the australian daylights out of them.
I do like 2fort. One of the servers I frequent is a 24/7 2fort server.

There isn't really any map in vanilla TF2 that I don't like. Except maybe Hydro... Though, it's more like this one part in Hydro. That uphill bend you can't see over.

There's nothing wrong with 2fort, it's just hard to play with the Spy due to all the enclosed spaces, it's hard to not bump into people while cloaked.

Although, playing the spy is going to become easier due to the fact that they are allowing the cloak to be recharged by picking up ammo boxes.

Also, the Scout is next up for new weapons! Yay!

2Fort is an okay map in general, but frankly I find it boring after relatively short periods of time. Unless my friends are on, I'm not likely to stay more then 15 minutes on a 24/7 2Fort server. It's simply not entertaining enough for me.

I never really liked 2fort. I never really knew why, to be honest...
Then again, Hydro is one of my favourite maps (no one likes that map besides me), and I love Arena Mode. My opinions don't count.

I did enjoy playing offensive engie in 2Fort. I often make a sentry inside one of the enemy's mid-level exits to totally screw them over for a very short period of time. When they jump off the roof, suddenly bam! It's always fun, since they never EXPECT It. The only issue with that is the fact that they now expect it for the rest of the round :(

I like 2Fort, but I'll tell you the reason I hear the most: "It's just a TFC map remake." Lame excuse? Yeeeaaahhh...

But in light of that statement, I liked the TFC one more. It was a lot more tactical. I think they just made it so it was more hectic like TF2 is.

THERE IS NO REASON TO HATE 2FORT! It has a great sniping range, and it is an awesome map that encourages Team work. People seem to hate the map because they can't get in to the intel room. Engineers are the easiest to get kills with because it is simply defending the base with a turret. If you can't get in use a spy and use the Zapper! But make sure you shoot the turret(s) with your gun to destroy it! But BEWARE of losing your disguise! This should be common knowledge! Get out there and steal some intel!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back