Server doesn't always host properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppyfaic

Before anyone says "FORAWRD UR PORTZ", I already have, multiple times, following various tutorials here. The problem is that sometimes I can host just fine on the MS and I get a lot of joiners, and yet other times the server just won't register. I'm not sure what it could be that's causing this on-and-off thing, unless my router just sucks.

I recall having the exact same problem with my router. I figure there must be some firewall blocking the connection. Try checking any firewalls you may have on, whether it be on your router, your computer, or some anti-virus thing you may have.

Sometimes, your internal IP address changes, and you have to re-forward your ports to the new address. Set up a static IP address for this to not occur. I believe there's a tutorial on how to do this on the Portforwarding website.

Sometimes, your internal IP address changes, and you have to re-forward your ports to the new address. Set up a static IP address for this to not occur. I believe there's a tutorial on how to do this on the Portforwarding website.

Thank you, thank you so much! I looked up a tutorial on how to do this and now I'm hosting all the time flawlessly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back