My mouse is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

I am currently typing via Wii Intarwebz. Anyways, I need to know the combination for that thing where you can use the numpad as a mouse.

It was frozen. Anyways, it's working again. It can plug either into the back of my computer, or into my USB Port. I tried plugging into thr USB Port instead, and it worked.

In experience, plugging a mouse into the PS/2 port won't work until you restart the computer. Coming from XP and Vista here.

You know that most Windows operations can be done all with the keyboard, right? A mouse isn't required.

SSN, I had to press tab to highlight links, making it take FOREVER to find something in a forum sometimes.

Chaos hit it right on the mark. Plus, for some reason, I couldn't use Tab to get to the post message textbox. Probably something about it being in a table.

SSNTails said:
You know that most Windows operations can be done all with the keyboard, right? A mouse isn't required.
Paint can't be used without the mouse :P (Paintbrush could, through...)

Draykon said:
Alt + left shift + num lock according to my thingy. Could be different on yours though.
Yeah, I believe that's the default shortcut key for Windows.

mousekeys.png

And it looks like the feature is keyboard-independent, so I believe it should work with any keyboard.

My wireless mouse runs out of batteries every two weeks or so, so for fifteen minutes, I recharge 'em. I do use Tab a bunch of times when that happens. I didn't know about this trick; I oughta' use it next time!

Digiku said:
My wireless mouse runs out of batteries every two weeks or so, so for fifteen minutes, I recharge 'em. I do use Tab a bunch of times when that happens. I didn't know about this trick; I oughta' use it next time!

Same here (batteries), damn Microsoft Intellipoint or whatever it is, next time I'm getting a Logitech with battery packs >_<
Except, I don't recharge them, I go and get some more.

Hey, I'm pretty happy with my wired Microsoft IntelliPoint. I don't even see a reason to go wireless for something that's used as often as the mouse. I mean, seriously, just having the Accelerated Scrolling option is worth getting IntelliPoint for, as it allows you to use the mousewheel to scroll to the bottom of long pages very, very quickly (I'm talking in just two fast swipes of the wheel), and yet still lets you scroll slowly if you move the wheel normally.

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/Mousewheel.png

Last time I checked, Logitech's software isn't very good in that department, as it instead replaces Windows' built-in mousewheel scrolling with its own (incorrect) routines. Meanwhile, I'm scrolling happily with my IntelliPoint. I'm not sure if Logitech has this yet, but I can tell you this: Accelerated Scrolling makes all the difference in the world.

Sik said:
SSNTails said:
Paint can't be used without the mouse :P (Paintbrush could, through...)

And that is why Paintbrush will always be the superior image program.
I need to extract the 32-bit version out of NT 3.51...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back