Since PHPBB uses SQL servers to store data...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

Is it possible to set up PhpBB, and then e-mail the forum to your friends and then have it work with an SQL server but not a webspace? I know people could figure out your SQL's password, but the people I want to use the board with are computer illiterate, and won't know how.

Kaysakado said:
Is it possible to set up PhpBB, and then e-mail the forum to your friends and then have it work with an SQL server but not a webspace? I know people could figure out your SQL's password, but the people I want to use the board with are computer illiterate, and won't know how.
No.

FSX said:
Kaysakado said:
No.

No.

Yes, if:
  • They have Apache and PHP installed, with the MySQL modules for PHP.
    You can actually be bothered to go through it all.
    You allow remote access to the database, which nearly ALL hosts deny.

It would also mean that any modifications to the board you made would have to be done to every single user's copy.

Why the hell would you want to, anyway? It'd be crazy, and much easier to do it all using a program designed as a remote forum kit...

Actually, that's given me a briliant idea, I think I may actually create something like that, I'd be rich. :D

cueball61 said:
Actually, that's given me a briliant idea, I think I may actually create something like that, I'd be rich. :D
You'll so totally have to give me cash money for using my idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back