I can't install things anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical, typical suggestions.

Earuto, getting a new CPU will not solve a problem with permissions/file usage. In fact, it will not solve a problem with _anything_. I don't understand how you can blame such a problem on the CPU. Clearly you don't understand how computer hardware works.

Sonicfreak94, first, are you a Computer Administrator, or are you on a Limited Account? A Limited Account won't have the same permissions as Computer Administrators.

Second, try Unlocker:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

This program will allow you to free any file that is being used by another program. Sometimes an application will slip up and will still have a file locked to it even when it's not being used. You can use Unlocker to free those hooks so you can perform operations on the file again, and if you want, you can also have it delete, rename, or move the file immediately after unlocking, in case the program will try to lock it again. If that doesn't work, you may just have insufficient write permissions.

Yes I am the computer administrator, nobody else uses it.

I have unlocker, and every time that error pops up, it can't unlock it, I can move it, but it's still currupted for trying, so I would have to copy and paste things to move them.

And what I think he meant by CPU was computer. Earuto, CPU is the processor of a computer.

... Being admin and without permissions? Save your most important stuff on CDs or somewhere, format, and reinstall everything. -_-

I had the very same prob as you and how I fixed it was I wiped the comp clean not with the windows disk with a harddrive cleaning program on a disk and then I installed windows and it had stoped the problem.

so try that get a harddrive cleaning program.

You mean like erasing? Yeah, I ran out of CD's, and I have very important information on here, I can't just erase. I'm going to most likely get a new hard drive, and use my current one as a slave so my information is unaffected.

Try this. Go into my computer folder. Now right click on the C drive and select properties. Then click on the tools tab. Now try the error checking tool and defragmantation tool and see if that helps.

Note: I work with XP and not Vista. The scans should work for Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back