I need help working the srb2 doom builder again

problems:

1. how do you make the end sign work

2.how do you make platforms and other things

3.how do you make water

4. how do you make the teleport Destination and pull and push work

5.how do you use the standard linedefs

what do I do :eek:

1. First you make a sector that has end sector as the action, then you put the end sign in.
2. make a sector outside the map then tag its side linedef to a sector inside with the action fof shadowcasting.
3. same as above except under water tag
4. For teleport destinations that is a object, but I don't know what you mean "pull and push".
5. What do you mean?

Put it in a sector with the sector type "Exit Sector." It will spin when you enter the sector.

bugger.png

... Seriously, is it that hard? Maybe you should try to understand the editor before you go and make levels.

Please read the Doom Builder tutorial in the editing section of SRB2.org. Because you obviously haven't.

... Ok, apparently you need some assistance. Follow this step by step guide, then, if you must.

--------------------------------

PENOPAT'S SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME GUIDE TO REALLY BASIC SRB2DB USAGE AND SECTOR EFFECTS (EXIT SECTOR)

1. Download the latest beta of SRB2Builder HERE: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-setup-r24.exe

2. Run the downloaded file, and install it to the folder of your choosing.

3. Open up your favorite file exploration program. You know, like that crappy Windows Explorer. Go to the folder and double click on "BuilderSRB2.exe".

4. Wait for the splash screen to finish. When SRB2DB loads up, click on "File" over at the top of the screen. Hit "New Map" to load up a blank map, or "Open Map" to load up an existing wad.

5. Load up your existing wad if you supposedly made it already.
-
Congrats! You now know how to use SRB2DB to open files.
-
5b. If you didn't make a wad earlier, make 2 or 3 sectors and make sure that only one of them will have the exit sector special.

6. Right click on the sector you drawn earlier. A large window will open. Refer to the picture I posted earlier for identification. It may not look exactly the same, but it should look just quite similar.

7. Click on the button on the top left called "Select...", in the section named Sector Effects. Another window will pop up. -Refer to the picture I posted earlier for identification.-

8. Use the scroll bar to scroll down the list. Try to find "982 Exit Sector", near the bottom. Note that this list is in numerical order (1 is first, 2 is second, etc). -Refer to the picture I posted earlier for identification.-

9. Click on it, then hit OK.

10. You will be automatically sent back to the window that appeared after right-clicking the sector. Hit "OK" on this one, also.

11. Click on "File" at the top of SRB2DB. Hit save, and save your WAD.

12. ???
13. PROFIT!

If you did this right, and played your level after doing so, whence you enter the sector with this special, you should be frozen for a bit, (The end sign will spin if it exists IN THAT SECTOR), and the level will promptly end.

If so, you have successfully used SRB2DB to create a "level" in the matter that you can end it. Now try creating some nice, large, open fields that the player can run through, jump on top of things, etc. NEVER make little passages as your whole level. Also, never make your areas too large, and always make sure they have some jumping obstacles. Never be totally flat! Now, go forth and become the next... erm... not as good as Mystic!

--------------------------------

Sonicandtails218 said:
If I ever get around to updating that guide, can I use that picture, Penopat?

Feel free to use anything I posted.

I don't get 3. Open up your favorite file exploration program. You know, like that crappy Windows Explorer. Go to the folder and double click on "BuilderSRB2.exe". :?

super mega sonic said:
I don't get 3. Open up your favorite file exploration program. You know, like that crappy Windows Explorer. Go to the folder and double click on "BuilderSRB2.exe". :?
Navigate to the directory where you installed SRB2DB (it'll be "C:\Program Files\SRB2 Doom Builder" unless you told it otherwise) and double-click on the icon highlighted in the screenshot below:

directory-window.png

super mega sonic said:
I can't find the "C:\Program Files\SRB2 Doom Builder :?
Open My Computer, and double-click your C: drive. Then double-click Program Files. Then find SRB2 Doom Builder in that window, and double-click it. Then double-click the icon indicated in my previous post.

If you have an old version (from before November), then it will probably not be in C:\Program Files\SRB2 Doom Builder. If this is the case, it'll be wherever you installed Doom Builder: Probably C:\Program Files\Doom Builder. If that's the case, I'd recommend you upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back