SA1 or SA2 soundtrack?

Noxious

Just as the name says.

Personally I prefer the SA1 soundtrack. Sure the SA2 soundtrack in its levels mainly are based on the characters, well, character (Such as Sonic's character being rad and cocky, the music in his stages reflect off of that with the rock element to his stages, and Shadow's character being mysterious and artificial, the music in his stages reflect off of that in some techno aspect, along with lyrics that are hard to understand at times to hide his true intentions), but SA1's soundtrack is more varied to me, as SA2 has that guitar slapped into the majority of the soundtrack, and SA1's soundtrack has use of a majority of different instruments.

So anyways what do you guys think, do you think SA1's soundtrack is your type, or SA2's.
And opinions matter here, so don't be afraid to share your thoughts.

I easily prefer the SA1 soundtrack. It's so much more varied and fun with so many different genres of music and instrumentation, rather than being the same butt rock, hip hop, elevator music, and dark techno stuff for each character's stages. There's a lot of groovy/jazzy tracks with heavy use of sax and brass in SA1 that you don't get any of in SA2

There's a few SA1 tracks I'm particularly nostalgic for, but overall I probably prefer the SA2 OST.

SA2 has a really distinctive sound and a few great kickers, but its downside is that it quickly falls into genre stereotypes and many of the tunes start to sound the same as the next. In contrast, every level bgm in SA1 stands out from the last and has its own identity; the hip hop, jazz, electronica etc. influence isn't strictly detached from one another, and I think this is results in richer timbres and more consistently memorable melody lines.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back