White Jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember White Jungle from Sonic Adventure 2?

Well, I decided to make an SRB2 version.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w275l0

Sorry, no screenies. My comp started going all weird again when I took a screnshots.

I would recommend you play the level as Sonic. It is possible to play as Tails and knuckles too. But if the charecters ability is double jump or super glide, forget it.

Yeah... The walls are all weird, that SA2 texture is more for the sky then it is the walls. And I couldn't tell how the rest of the level could be compared to sa2, just because it didn't resemble it all that much.

Wasn't White Jungle almost completely slope and half-pipe? How would this even work?

<SpongeBob>Your imaaaaginaaation.

But yeah, almost all of that level is half pipe, you would need lots of FOFs to make it look the same. Also a suggestion, at the beginning where you land, put a dash panel sector thing so it's a little bit more like the game.

Well, two complaints. Your wall texture, and the SA gimmicks.

I would suggest using some kind of SRB2 included wall texture, the one you have looks quite ugly. I understand its from SA2, but it doesn't stop it from looking ugly and inconsistent with SRB2's included textures.

Also, the whole light dash through a ring trail over death pit, and homing thok this line of flying enemies over death pits gets old, fast. Find a way to integrate these SA gimmicks into normal SRB2 single player game-play instead of making the game-play exclusive to just those gimmicks, and you might find yourself a winner in this kind of map idea.

I like the homing and lightdash to get to places.
And this level is cool it's just loosely based of sa2.
If you didn't think of it as white jungle than it's great.

A problem in a part of the level you have a fof that made a hole in the ground that traps you and you can't get out unless you use gravity or quit the game.

I actually liked this stage a little bit. Seeing as how it was based on SA2, I can easily forget that you overdid the lightdashing and homing gimmick. The stage was still too simple, though-you could have made other obstacles to include in the level, like crushers, a few more enemies, and a longer level in general. I know that you meant it to be an exact replica of the original, but you should try to make the level YOUR OWN.

It was pretty hard and long like when you had to hit the guys and sometimes you'd miss or when you had to get on the springs and had a chance of missing increased difficulty.

Also in need of thok barrier and you need to fix the starposts.

I erally liked it. it came outgood. though it was a little off. not all of the wad you made is excatly like the game. but still hgood effects and good eqlauti and thts what counts the most.

shadix said:
It was pretty hard and long like when you had to hit the guys and sometimes you'd miss or when you had to get on the springs and had a chance of missing increased difficulty.

Wow. No offense, but thats sorta pathetic XD.

roxas_the_hedgehog said:
I erally liked it. it came outgood. though it was a little off. not all of the wad you made is excatly like the game. but still hgood effects and good eqlauti and thts what counts the most.

Riiight.

I found a glitch mon.
srb20001.png

This is near the beginning of the level. If you like i'll fix the thok barrier?

The wad is fun with shadowboss.

The wad is fun with SHADOWBOSS.wad. I use objectplace in it and go through beating up Shadows. It would be awesome if it had a boss or something.[/i][/b][/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back