Barred from unlockables

Noelle

So, something's been kinda bugging me about the unlockable characters. I don't have any way to access them from the get go when playing wads that reset the save data. This means that I can't play as metal sonic, my preferred character, when playing levels like Sacred Abyss that do that. Any way around this?

So, something's been kinda bugging me about the unlockable characters. I don't have any way to access them from the get go when playing wads that reset the save data. This means that I can't play as metal sonic, my preferred character, when playing levels like Sacred Abyss that do that. Any way around this?

That's because some Levels create custom gamedata.dat files, you can try renaming your save file to the one for the level? But it might only work in some cases...

Not really, unless the wad in question includes a way to unlock them.

Sacred Abyss does have that, luckily. You just have to find and collect 1 emblem in the level and you'll get Amy, Fang and Metal back.

There doesn't seem to be a way to have the unlockable characters be unlocked by default in your mod, that would be a nice option to have for future version SOC features, until then we're stuck with making them unlock by doing some other actions in game like beating the first level or finding an emblem.

You could put the required emblem on the player spawn. That way you'll get the characters back on the second run of the stage(s).

You don't need to do that. Just set the condition set for their respective unlockables to -1. This is what I did for Sempiternity Shores. If you put this in your SOC they'll be unlocked from the start.
Code:
Unlockable 2
Name = Fang
Type = None
Height = 0
ConditionSet = -1

Unlockable 3
Name = Metal
Type = None
Height = 0
ConditionSet = -1

Unlockable 23
Name = Amy
Type = None
Height = 0
ConditionSet = -1
Though I wish there was a more clear way to lock and unlock skins. Like setting type to "skin" then the var to whatever skin name you want to unlock. And what if you want to lock some of the default three behind unlockables?

Last edited:
Interesting, one of the judges suggested making them unlock by beating the first level so I assumed it wasn't possible, good to know it is.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back