SRB2 lags/unplayable (RESOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wasted the $60 by getting McAfee in the first place. You should definitely get rid of it, for the simple fact that it's inefficient and doesn't provide the coverage that a lot of other free antivirus and antimalware programs do. McAfee is definitely what's slowing the machine down, and getting rid of it is your best option.

Why install McAfee in the first place?
There's other programs like Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware and AVG. All of which are free.

Try quitting the McAfee process when you're playing SRB2 and see what that does.

I was using Avast some months ago.

Some day, I had hosted a netgame (and my Avast running).... until a player started to complain of lag:

"-- Lagging too much!"

"-- Huh? Sorry, I don't know what I can do..."

"-- Hey, there are another programs running besides SRB2?"

"-- I think no."

"-- ... antivirus?"

Then I tuned my Avast off. He said:

"- It's better now!"

After that, I uninstalled Avast, and installed AvG back. Well better.

I'm doubtful this is part of the problem, but check and make sure AVG isn't trying to block SRB2.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I use avast!, and SRB2 runs fine. If SRB2 lags on this computer, it's from the whole 933 MHz processor ordeal.

Well... I was speaking of netgames. Players complained of lag in my server... >.<

I only get lag when I get in a server or playing a huge-super-overdetailed level. If I'm playing "off-netgame", I don't get any lag, with AvG or Avast.

Just turn antivirus off while you're playing srb2, and turn it back on afterwards.

JigglyWiggly said:
Be a man, get a job. For 400 dollars you can get a dell with a q6600 and 3 gigs of ram.
screw dell, there unreliable and break to easy, its best just getting the best spec for $400.

Too young to get a job, and too lazy to build it myself.

Anyway, SRB2 runs fine again, Dash's World still crashes, but I can live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back