Anybody interested in helping me make a 2-D Sonic Fan Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icalasari

It's being made on Game Maker 4.0. It is, surprisingly, easier to use then the latest versions. Anyways, here are the positions:

Level Design (Basic) - You basically make a map of the level
Programming - I'm doing this, but I WILL need some help, since I am pretty bad at programming. I had to use a pre-made base for the game. I DID, however, add tails to it. Sure, he uses Sonic's base, and sure, he has aspects transferred from another engine, but hey! At least I'm not a total loss!
Programming will be broken down into seperate components:
-Level's - I'll do this myself. I just need level designs to transfer to it
-Characters - Basically, it is just fine-tuning the characters...
-Enemies
-Bosses
-Menus
Other things that will need to be worked on are:
-Graphics
-Sound & Music
-Multiplayer
-The Console (Yes, I'm planning on having this Moddable, like SRB2... Please don't kill me...)
-Cut-Scenes

I think that's it...
Anyways, everybody involved WILL be given proper credit in... the credits!!!

Oh, the story? I've got some basic ideas...

The game is called Sonic The Hedgehog: Chaos Island

Our heroes were just relaxing on the beach, when Sonic noticed something rising from the ocean. It looked like smoke. Curious, he aroused his friends. In doing so, he got punched by Knuckles.
"Hey! What do you think your doing! Waking me up like that!!!" Knuckles was pretty upset, considering that he barely got to go anywhere, since his top priority was protecting the Master Emerald.
"I wanted to ask your opinion on that!" Sonic pointed to the smoke.
Tails answered before Knuckles could. "I bet you that it's just Eggman planning to destroy you, Sonic..."
Sonic just shrugged and sat down.

Just as Tails and Sonic were starting to relax again, Knuckles exclained loudly, "WAIT! THAT'S COMING FROM CHAOS ISLAND!!!"
Sonic, with a confused look, asked, "What's Chaos Island?"
Knuckles responded, "Chaos Island is, or was, an unreachable island, said to contain a power GREATER than that of the Choas Emeralds and the Master Emerald combined!"

It took Sonic a moment to realize that Mobius was in danger.
"We have to get over there!"
Tails suggested that they take the Tornado. Sonic and Knuckles agreed. They all boarded the Tornado, and took off. Little did they realize that Amy was sleeping in the storage compartment, apparently having fallen asleep waiting to capture Sonic and woo him into loving her.

An hour later, they were crashed on Chaos Island's beach, stranded...

Sorry if the story is a little bad. I just thought of it now...

Shadowater said:
Zeshiro said:
Tried it, didn't work out. Too many of them already. You're welcome to try mine out though.

??? What do you mean tried it? Making your own fan game?

*Confused*

Loooooong Time ago.

Chaos Chronicals:
gf2.gif

Chaotic Shadows:
th_run.gif

Yes, I made a cheap 2D Sonic fangame. The spriting was overwhelming. I thought I could pull it off by myself and I failed miserably.

Re: Anybody interested in helping me make a 2-D Sonic Fan Ga

Shadowater said:
It's being made on Game Maker 4.0. It is, surprisingly, easier to use then the latest versions. Anyways, here are the positions:

Level Design (Basic) - You basically make a map of the level
Programming - I'm doing this, but I WILL need some help, since I am pretty bad at programming. I had to use a pre-made base for the game. I DID, however, add tails to it. Sure, he uses Sonic's base, and sure, he has aspects transferred from another engine, but hey! At least I'm not a total loss!
Programming will be broken down into seperate components:
-Level's - I'll do this myself. I just need level designs to transfer to it
-Characters - Basically, it is just fine-tuning the characters...
-Enemies
-Bosses
-Menus
Other things that will need to be worked on are:
-Graphics
-Sound & Music
-Multiplayer
-The Console (Yes, I'm planning on having this Moddable, like SRB2... Please don't kill me...)
-Cut-Scenes

I think that's it...
Anyways, everybody involved WILL be given proper credit in... the credits!!!

Oh, the story? I've got some basic ideas...

The game is called Sonic The Hedgehog: Chaos Island

Our heroes were just relaxing on the beach, when Sonic noticed something rising from the ocean. It looked like smoke. Curious, he aroused his friends. In doing so, he got punched by Knuckles.
"Hey! What do you think your doing! Waking me up like that!!!" Knuckles was pretty upset, considering that he barely got to go anywhere, since his top priority was protecting the Master Emerald.
"I wanted to ask your opinion on that!" Sonic pointed to the smoke.
Tails answered before Knuckles could. "I bet you that it's just Eggman planning to destroy you, Sonic..."
Sonic just shrugged and sat down.

Just as Tails and Sonic were starting to relax again, Knuckles exclained loudly, "WAIT! THAT'S COMING FROM CHAOS ISLAND!!!"
Sonic, with a confused look, asked, "What's Chaos Island?"
Knuckles responded, "Chaos Island is, or was, an unreachable island, said to contain a power GREATER than that of the Choas Emeralds and the Master Emerald combined!"

It took Sonic a moment to realize that Mobius was in danger.
"We have to get over there!"
Tails suggested that they take the Tornado. Sonic and Knuckles agreed. They all boarded the Tornado, and took off. Little did they realize that Amy was sleeping in the storage compartment, apparently having fallen asleep waiting to capture Sonic and woo him into loving her.

An hour later, they were crashed on Chaos Island's beach, stranded...

Sorry if the story is a little bad. I just thought of it now...
WHy don'y you just play srb2?

TGF is WAY different then GM. I know. I used both of them, but GM is easier.

Unless you're using the registered GameMaker, you can't read from files, and thusly can't make it moddable. But if your not, then I might be willing to help with the "programming". Though with game maker its just dragging and dropping. PM me if you want an example of a couple simple games I made with game maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back