Elevators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWP (SRB2)

I originally was going to put an elevator shaft in my second level when my original plan failed, this is because of too many fofs, but since I couldn't get it to work I decided to put in a moving platform, but trying to set it up caused my level to close out, so I will go back to my other plan, anyway you know there are those lifts in starlit warhouse that go up when you stand on them, and go back down when you get off them, how do you make those. Oh and if I got the name of the level wrong, well it's because I still can't play netgames.

Ok, elevator? What kind? One that activates only when stepped on, or a constantly moving elevator?

The kind where you step on it it goes up, when your not on it it goes back down to where it was before you stepped on it.

Alright, Linedef Type 89. This isn't covered on the Wiki, as well as being overly confusing on Specials List, so I'll give you a brief explanation on use.

You want 3 small control sectors that are connected. You want them all to be squares. Once done, you want the sector in the center to have type 89 in use. Now, you want the center control sector, and the control sector to the left to have the same sector heights for the ceiling and floor.

(The control sector setup should look like this: http://dw.sepwich.com/images/SRB2/linedef89.png
Note: That is extremely zoomed in. The control sector's linedef with the effect is only 32 units wide.)

Now, you want the control sector to the right to be the height you want the elevator to stop at. But, you want the difference in ceiling and floor to be the same as the other two sectors. (Say, the two first control sectors have a floor height of 16 and a ceiling height of 36, and you want it to rise 100 units up, you'll want the floor at 116, and the ceiling at 136). Finally, note how, in the picture above, the right-handed control sector has a shorter linedef at the top. This is because the length of that linedef adjusts the speed. Changing that will speed up or slow down the elevator. Experiment and see what you want.

Note that the sector brightness of the elevator applies below the elevator here. I'm not sure which of the three you would adjust for that, so you could set the brightness level the same on all 3, and it'd apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back