Words and scipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWP (SRB2)

Ive seen this in sonic ultima and morphs level pack, where reaching a certain area will cause text to show up on the screen telling you something, I want to figure out how I can get text to show up on my level, like when you reach a certain part of the level, how do you do that?

The command is called cecho.

You can make text show up in levels of your choice :D

"cecho HELLO!"

Problems.

Yeah but the actual script with the words has to be in the maincfg.

Edit: In addition to title, also I put in cecho04250 then the text I wanted, it didn't work, but the linedef exectutors were working, in game it just said I needed a script. So I then went to retry the script and now i got a segment violation, I took out the script sector, and now I still have the violation. The only other thing i did was add some text about my progress I made so far into the maincfg, and now i think i have to use a backup to fix it, is there anyway of repairing it without using a backup file.

Used the backup.

Nevermind, I used the backup, but I still need to know how to put text in my level, and now how to make elevators work. This is for my second level cold metal factory zone, I started working on it again.

BlueZero4 said:
It's not in the maincfg. Did you even read this? Use the cecho command to start what you want to say.

So exactly what do I put.

Say I put the sector with the linedef executor on map 4 with a floor height of 250. Would I enter this on the maincfg, if not where do I put it.

SCR04250 cecho hey look text in my level

Then in map 4, i stand in that sector would it say, what I typed. I need a step by step instuction manual for this, it's not in the wiki, I can't find out about the cecho command in it.

Ok.

You need the linedef executor to execute the script ingame, and you need to insert the script itself into your wad. The easiest way to do this, is to open XWE, select new, name it SCRXXYY (whatever the map and script number it is) and type "cecho HELLO". That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back