3DS just got price cut to 170$

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the free 20 games comes the 12th like the price drop. I don't wanna wait till next year or some shit..
It would also be cool so have Sonic Advance 1 or 3. Although I hightly doubt thats going to happen. I wonder if multiplayer will work....

I hope the free 20 games comes the 12th like the price drop. I don't wanna wait till next year or some shit..
It would also be cool so have Sonic Advance 1 or 3. Although I hightly doubt thats going to happen. I wonder if multiplayer will work....

I'm pretty sure the NES games are coming out around or on Sept 1st, while the GBA around the end of the year.

I hope they release The Minish Cap, Sonic Advance 3 and Pokemon R/S among the GBA titles. It would be awesome too if they released the GBA remake of LoZ:Alttp, with the possibility of using the wireless to play FS.

But knowing video game companies+ports, I don't think they'll do something about it... Well, actually, we're talking about Nintendo here... So who knows? ^.^

3DS is garbage IMO. It's a new iteration of the DS with flashy 3D effects that probably don't help gameplay at all.

This really screws with Vita though. I'm rooting for Sony, matching the 3DS price was a cool thing. Still hope that others see it as a good price for a machine with that power. (not the $300 one though, Lol at&t)

Oh well, just shows how poorly the 3DS is doing. Good for you if you liked buying it at full price, but a few emulated games for free- which are easy to get free elsewhere- don't make up enough to me. I can easily play any emulated game I like on my PC or PSP.

EDIT: And another thing, these free games aren't even available now. That just adds to insult.

3DS is garbage IMO. It's a new iteration of the DS with flashy 3D effects that probably don't help gameplay at all.
It's a new generation of handheld. Why not complain about how the PS2 is simply a PS1 with updated graphics?

This really screws with Vita though. I'm rooting for Sony, matching the 3DS price was a cool thing. Still hope that others see it as a good price for a machine with that power. (not the $300 one though, Lol at&t)
The Vita contains hardware features with little to no practical use (A rear touch-pad? What's that for?) and the software that's been shown doesn't take into account that people actually play handhelds in varying light conditions where the screen isn't guaranteed to be easily visible. I'm not sold on the system.

Oh well, just shows how poorly the 3DS is doing. Good for you if you liked buying it at full price, but a few emulated games for free- which are easy to get free elsewhere- don't make up enough to me. I can easily play any emulated game I like on my PC or PSP.
It's always nice to be legal~

EDIT: And another thing, these free games aren't even available now. That just adds to insult.
How does the fact that they're not immediately available diminish their value any? That's like getting onto developers who release a trailer saying the game isn't available yet.

raging Sony fanboy vs raging Nintendo fanboy gogogo

This is the problem with the 3DS. Everyone thinks its just 3D. NO! It has a lot of other stuff. Games can be about 10 times bigger in size now. Graphics are so much better. It also has this thingie, I'm pretty sure it's called a Gyro Sensor... anyway it just try aiming at something in OoT3D, you'll see what I mean. Yes I know this feature isn't new and was on iPhones and stuff, but its a nice thing to have on a handheld with actually COMPLETE, LONG games.... Once we get those<, derp. Anyway OoT3D is awsome. And I can't wait for the holiday season where all of the epic Mario games, Lego Harry Potter and Sonic Generations come out.

The same could be said about every handheld and console...but Nintendo releasing a new ds every year is overdoing it. (I know the 3ds is different but they might release a 3ds lite.)

Cue. Emulation is legal but downloading the rom isn't.

Cue. Emulation is legal but downloading the rom isn't.

I guess I should pull it the legal way, then, and buy an SNES and a copy of Aero Fighters off of Ebay, then? Because they certainly don't sell it in stores anymore.

I guess I should be a loyal customer, then, and support Nintendo by buying stuff from Ebay. They need my money at a time like this.

It's a new generation of handheld. Why not complain about how the PS2 is simply a PS1 with updated graphics?

I wasn't a huge PS2 fan, I fancied the Gamecube more those days. I don't think the same comparison can be made between the two systems because the PS2 doesn't rely on a visual gimmick.

The Vita contains hardware features with little to no practical use (A rear touch-pad? What's that for?)
If you've seen someone playing it, it's the same thing as a face touch screen. I think it's better than having my hands block the screen and turn it into a smudgy piece of shit. (Not saying 3DS does that, I'm aware of the pen) It's a small little thing that I think works nice.

and the software that's been shown doesn't take into account that people actually play handhelds in varying light conditions where the screen isn't guaranteed to be easily visible. I'm not sold on the system.
What are you talking about? Who plays their handhelds outside?

It's always nice to be legal~
Like Cue said, emulation =/= illegal.

How does the fact that they're not immediately available diminish their value any? That's like getting onto developers who release a trailer saying the game isn't available yet.
It's meant to be compensation of some sort, correct? I understand porting takes a bit of work (especially when they're adding 3D) but why is it going to take so long to release those games? Games that have already been played by many people?

raging Sony fanboy vs raging Nintendo fanboy gogogo
More like I just think Nintendo's current consoles are piles of junk, and happen to like my PS3 and PSP. (custom firmware'd of course, normal psps do suck) But hey, it's just my opinion...

* Not a Sony fanboy, the PSP sucked balls and the Vita won't do much better.

I think it will certainly fare better. It's already shown to have a decent lineup, and improves upon many features the PSP carried. It even has cross-voice chat (Now why they don't do that to the console is beyond me)
But I don't really want to continue dragging this off-topic with talk of other systems.

The same could be said about every handheld and console...but Nintendo releasing a new ds every year is overdoing it. (I know the 3ds is different but they might release a 3ds lite.)

That's probably why I feel like the 3DS is just a new DS then. Lite was the only sensible upgrade to the original DS IMO. Everything else was just overdoing it.

A nice quote from that very thread:

BlueWarrior said:
As far as ethics go, I see no reason for guilt for owning a rom that isn't on the market, since in such a case the law is too irrelevant for anyone to care anyway. But if you play the rom, like it, and find out it's on Virtual Console, I would personally say to go ahead and buy it, if only out of respect or to experience the gameplay on a better controller.

This. If I can't find a game readily on the market, I will download a rom of it. If it turns out to be good enough that I would have bought it in real life and not regretted it, I will buy it. For example, if Mother 3 came out suddenly in America, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Honestly, I had no idea the gaming community felt so negatively about the 3DS. Everyone I've spoken to in person that's played the system loves it, and games like OoT3D are considered a big deal by some of these same people. I'm pretty sure the graphics and hardware of the 3DS are upgraded but I don't really know by how much. I was going to get the 3DS at Christmas when the game lineup was a little more respectable, and I'm quite glad to see that its so much cheaper now.
However, seeing an argument about the 3DS as one-sided as this really makes me wonder though if I'm missing something. Maybe its not as popular or successful as I'd thought it was, but then if I didn't get the 3DS, where would I be able to get Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus, or that new Super Mario game they showed at E3... And OoT and Star Fox with a stupid pointless 3d visual gimmick and polished bells and whistles sounds awesome to me.

I don't feel negative about it.

I'm most definitely getting a 3DS this fall or winter. The whole argument that it is just a DS with 3D is majorly flawed. It's not hard at all to notice the incredible hardware update to it. A list of specs I looked at a while ago said it was just as or more powerful than the Gamecube was. Of course, that's nothing compared to the powers of the PS3, but my way of viewing it is this: At this point in time, graphics are about all at a very advanced stage. Who cares about a few more polygons? Rounder spheres aren't really THAT impressive. No offense, Spherallic. ;)

And to boot, I was thoroughly impressed with the 3D. I had heard so many complaints I was somewhat skeptical, but when I tried it for myself, I found no problem with it.

The only thing that has stopped me from getting a 3DS is the current game lineup. I think that that is the real reason why Nintendo is taking so many hits with the 3DS. In my opinion, it was a very foolish choice to release it when they did. When it came out, people were like "Hey cool, I want a 3DS!" Now, people see a new game, and think "Hey cool, I want Kid Icarus." Releasing it when they did, Nintendo missed out on the combo power of both: "Hey, COOL! I totally want to get one of those 3DS' they came out with, so I can play Kid Icarus in 3D."

Same with me, everyone I spoke with who has it loves it. I even tried it out myself and I loved the new features. Face Raiders was the perfect example of showing off the new features. Real-time moving to aim was really fun. To test out the 3D, I continually turned it off/on to see the differences. The home menu looked MUCH better with it on. There was also an app (Mii Maker..?) which showed a bunch of symbols going in a circle. The 3D improved the look of it by a lot.

Nintendo didn't release any killer apps during launch for a reason. IIRC, Nintendo purposely left the launch line-up just for 3rd parties. Sadly, this didn't work out too well as a lot of the titles are mixed and not worth spending $290 just to play them. Fortunately, the price-drop will totally reverse the public's view on the 3DS as it'll be much more cheaper to afford. More games will also be out such as Mario Kart 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and Kid Icarus. I thought the PSVita might of had a little chance in competing with the 3DS, but a 170 dollar unit with great games for it versus a 250 dollar handheld with (probably!) much more expensive games may not go too well with consumers. The PSVita doesn't even have BC(excluding the shop) while the 3DS can play every single DS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back