Fixed Funky collision with solid objects on moving platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

srb20002.gif

Standing on top of this guy'll make the platform get stuck when it gets to the bottom. When you jump, the gargoyle kind of launches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this isn't a particularly new issue, I've found this myself plenty of times outside of ATZ; it's pushable objects in particular that cannot bring up other objects with them, it triggers the anti-crushing code which stops the platforms in their tracks. (read: the gargoyle you stood on there is the pushable sort)

As for the flinging into the air thing and the gargoyle going on top of you, that's a rather seperate physics quirk, likely to do with you going into the gargoyle object's top part. I don't really know exactly what goes on here though.

In short physics with pushables sucks. At least with non-pushable solids the first issue doesn't happen now, but perhaps not the second one?

Last edited:
The issue is that PIT_ChangeSector doesn't distinguish between sector/FOF ceilings and fellow objects that the object might be "crushed" against. For objects that are "crushable", this is fine - pushables can crush players, for example. The problem is with "non-crushable" objects, i.e. pushables. A pushable should only stop the floor/ceiling movement if it's being crushed against something immovable, i.e. real ceilings and NOT fellow objects. The function needs a special case for MT_PUSHABLE types, where instead of checking ceilingz only actual ceilings should be taken into account. I don't know if there's an elegant way to do this, but if all else fails, check the sector ceiling and then scan all FOFs in the sector.

Second issue is now sorted, turns out it was also linked to this other issue where the gargoyle teleports on top of you when you landed on it (having set their floorz to the top of your head, even though they're not even above you).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back