• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Merry Christmas, you happy wadders, you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTE

Here's your present. A full conversion of SRB2 Xmas to 1.08 format.
The only known issues with it at this time are as follows:
* Possable violent freezes when starting a new game in an odd way
* Possable complete incompatability with SPMoves
* No conversion for the red turret-like things. (I just got lazy today, what with it being christmas and all... :cry: )
* No thok barriers in some levels (Just don't run into walls...)
* No stupid bugs from Srb2 Xmas. :|

If you find anything else, I probably just forgot to mention it, but be sure to say it here anyway. Thanks for taking some time off your DS to play this. Enjoy...

*reads all of the new stuff on the message board, sets his away name and goes back to his DS*

You suck.
You all ****in suck.
I get flooded with tons of character wad requests, some stupid stupid stupid ideas, and have little to no help whatsoever.
And I make my best work on a port of SRB2 Xmas and noone gives a ****.
You suck. You all ****in suck.
Yes, I know that 99% of you are probably playing with your stupid ****in toys and ****. I have no toys. I have no family. I've givin up my life for you people and noone even cares.

Anyhow, I found a few more bugs I forgot to mention:
* There's a room near the end of map 5 (Eggbase) which contains something that trys to play a sound effect over and over as fast as possable, but that does nothing more then cause somewhat massive lag and cuts the ends of the other sounds.
* I didn't make some of the scenery (or any of the enemys) solid.
* Sonic's Nightmare is (as far as I can tell) impossable to beat as Sonic due to stupid engine changes.

Jason, the curse filter is not perfect. Do not test it.

You shouldn't expect a big turnout the day after Christmas, seriously. Everyone is too busy playing with their loot or working on their contest entry to the monthly contest to play a conversion of XMas.

It's all about the timing, man.

Yes, but I was working on it ON CHRISTMAS.
And noone cares. Not even the people who were here.
Doesn't that suck? :|

Meh, what would you know? You haven't had a topic in the Hidden Palace just about you. :|

The Hidden Palace has one topic about discipline...the rest of it is just developer stuff ^_^()

Not a lot of stuff needs to be done to keep such a small board in line with the rules ^_^()

If it's good for anything, I played through and enjoyed the conversion. Just didn't speak up here because I figured you already knew.

You can avert the violent freeze, ironically, by using the -noxmas parameter. I suspect it's due to the snow (of the falling variety) xmas mode tries to add it.

I like how next to the title being the main movie also, how it freezes up when i normally choose a character. a very good wad indeed.

Guys, use -noxmas and it works fine. You really should give this a try. The reason it freezes is because xmas mode makes it have snow, and negative heights are used in the maps (or something like that).

Yeah! this is what I always wanted! the old srb2xmas on the palm of our 1.08 hands! also those bugs fixed, and the flying criters, and wow!

*goes to play xmas coop with JaoMao1*

Interesting conversion... level designs are pretty abysmal in comparison to some of the other levels I've seen SRB2 pull out, but then, it's supposed to be like that, innit?

Jason the Echidna said:
Yes, but I was working on it ON CHRISTMAS.
And noone cares. Not even the people who were here.
Doesn't that suck? :|

Meh, what would you know? You haven't had a topic in the Hidden Palace just about you. :|

Yeah, hello, it's Christmas. You know, the day when everybody gets lots and lots and lots of presents and spends an entire week playing with them? Yeah, that holiday. So forgive people if they might be a wee bit preoccupied for a couple of days.

Anyway, adding to the holiday blast from the past, I've been considering updating my SRB2 Halloween Conversion to be 1.09 compliant as well as adding the not-often-known-about second extra map.

Downloading the Xmas Convert now.

Edit: Man. This brings back some memories. I've still got SRB2 Xmas 0.96CD, too... Mmm.

Edit 2: Wow, poking around the Soc, you seem to have quite a grasp. o_o If I ever decide to finish off updating SRB2ween, remind me to have you re-add the Ghosts for me. ;P

Yeah, Blaze is right. This is the first time I've visited the site since Christmas, and I think this conversion sounds pretty cool.

Downloading now, I'll play it later.

HOLY CRUD THIS IS AWSOME! I apreciate it like some people here, but you didnt have to go all out on that... :|

I really like the work you did, Jason. It is very nice. The only problem I can find is that there is not thok barrier, so you can easily zip through the wall and become lost. Once I when through the wall and ended up at the end of the level, which ruined the experience of going through the level for me.

OMG THAT HAPPENED TO ME! *ahem* anyways pretty much is your wad is awsome and you should feel a strong sence of PRIDE! and POWER! because you are probably one of the most hard working wadders ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back