• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Merry Christmas, you happy wadders, you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't, because you can't see the top of the Thok barrier that way. Anyhow, I have found a way to make the whole thok barriering system outdated, but it only works in levels which were designed without the open-air feel that a Thok barrier gives (i.e., it screws up the sky everywhere but above you as though there were no thok barrier, but you are held inside anyway) so I might go back and thok barrier those levels from SRB2 Xmas...

Um, actually, if you set the floor height and the ceiling height in the Thok barrier to a height less then the bordering sector, then you can see the top.

No you can't, because the top would be below the floor if the floor rises. And the walls would all be 100% sky. That's not how they were originally. Well, unless you make the ceiling a different texture or whatever, but still... I know what to do, so don't worry about your crappy ideas. :wink: I just hope this works the way it apparently does... Heh...

That sucks. You should learn to do it the 'right' way so you can have a nice, varied skyline, without changing the ceiling height.

The way it is done in all the official levels and my SRB2 Ween wad, of course. A new Thok barrier sector for each height change so you don't have to move the ceiling (though I have found that your stupid way works just as well in these old levels, but my new way works even better (Mwahahahahaha.)

You didn't tell me so. My way still works better because it requires no visible barrier whatsoever. :lol: It's nuts. The wall stretches out to infinity. Bet that'll make Doom Builder go crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back