What are the hardest video game bosses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueTenguMan

Been working. . .
Like a topic like this is original.
Well it's time to pop out your games again and list your reasons of what bosses you believe are the hardest in existence.

Now wait right there...I said reasons right? Which means that you need to really elaborate them (at least two sentence or more).
FYI: Fan game bosses don't count. Console, handheld or PC games only.

Note: Bosses ftom shooters like Touhou or Ikaruga are fine, but try to limit yourself from listing a bunch. Also, saying "just about every boss..." isn't an acceptable opinion. Every boss has some sort of difficulty to agitate your iron, so elaborate.

Last edited:
Weeell, the hardest boss I've encountered is Abyssion, from Tales of Symphonia(on hard/mania. He was a pushover on normal).
As for what I believe to be the hardest in existence... well, just about any boss from Touhou. 'nuff said.

Edit: Oh, and doesn't "Console, handheld or PC games only" cover every game ever made? No wait, I totally forgot arcade. NVM.

Last edited:
Stage one up to four bosses in touhou are ok (considering we are talking about normal mode :-p). Touhou Extra Bosses or Touhou Stage 6 Lunatic Bosses are pretty damn hard!!! ^^'

Just to be different from the Touhou fans.

The boss of the second to last stage of Viewtiful Joe, Fire Leo.

I mean, Viewtiful Joe was fairly difficult to start with (at least, when playing on the unlock-able V-Rated difficulty.) but with Fire Leo, the difficulty had an unexpected spike upwards. Before this difficulty he was already fairly challenging. But, now? Eurgh, he suddenly became a montage of Nintendo Hard cheap shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY6krB2NkNo

The first boss on Sonic 2 for the Game Gear, time to list reasons.

1. You have no rings. One hit and you're dead.
2. You're placed on a slope, with the boss at the bottom. If you press down, you'll roll to your death. When you jump, due to physics, Sonic will jump backwards a tad bit. Sonic has a hard time running up hills also.
3. The boss's attacks. Eggman throws rocks down the hill, one bounces small, the other high. There's no way to tell what kind of rock is going to be thrown at you, nor is there any pattern to follow. You can't duck either, since you'll roll as stated above. It's hard to run under the rocks, since you're on a slope, and it's hard to jump over them since you're on a slope.

The boss is just flat-out frustrating beyond all reason

Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 2 on proud. 12 health bars, you die in about 2-4 hits every time (he's constantly doing rapid combos), he has a move that will take away all your magic and all but 1hp if you aren't quick enough.

Sonic & the Secret Rings.

Erazer Dijin
I hit him=I GET HIM BY HIM.

Sanae Hanekoma in the world ends with you. WARING:SPOILERS.

Dear god for a boss before the final boss she was hard as hell. The fact that you can't hit her with neku but you have to do with beat is just hard enough. But the fact that shes TAKES YOUR PINS so you can only use beat to kill her was just hell.

Sephiroth on Any difficulty in Kingdom Hearts 2 was just Irritating as heck.
I can not believe how long I stood in front of my TV just trying to beat him the first time. (I've beat him Twice so far)

The first boss on Sonic 2 for the Game Gear, time to list reasons.

1. You have no rings. One hit and you're dead.
2. You're placed on a slope, with the boss at the bottom. If you press down, you'll roll to your death. When you jump, due to physics, Sonic will jump backwards a tad bit. Sonic has a hard time running up hills also.
3. The boss's attacks. Eggman throws rocks down the hill, one bounces small, the other high. There's no way to tell what kind of rock is going to be thrown at you, nor is there any pattern to follow. You can't duck either, since you'll roll as stated above. It's hard to run under the rocks, since you're on a slope, and it's hard to jump over them since you're on a slope.

The boss is just flat-out frustrating beyond all reason

Oh come on, that boss is a joke. You just gotta stand in the right place and you will be able to dodge the rocks easily. Plus the boss defeats itself.

Now, on the hardest bosses for me both Omega Ridley and Dark Samus from Metroid Prime 3 on Hypermode get the cake.

Those bosses gave me an UNBELIAVABLE amount of pain. Omega Ridley deals huge amounts of damage, is only vulnerable for a few seconds, then we must deal a crapload of damage to expose his weak point, wich closes up pretty fast. I will not get started on his flying phase D=

Dark Samus is just a pain. You deal HUGE amounts of damage to her at the start of the fight, making you think that it's going to be a breeze.
Then she spawns THE DAMN DARK ECHOES. The things deal the same amount of damage of the real DS, wich has easy to dodge attacks. But wait. Getting attacked by 3 Dark Samuses at the same time = Bullet Hell Metroid Edition.

It's not a real bullet hell, but you WILL get hit multiple times by hard hitting attacks. Oh, good luck with the Aurora Unit 313 now.

Now that I think about it, they're not so bad when you're doing 100%.
But since I'm hardcore, I faced Omega Ridley with 22%. AAHHHHHHHHH.
And I didn't even reach Dark Samus yet. PHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZE!!!!

The final bass of Megaman 7 is bad. He pulls his typical vanish/reappear thing, yes, but he also has these goddamn elemental orbs that hurt and give you nasty status effects, and dodging them is very, very difficult. Then he follows up with a lightning strike to hit you again if you got frozen. Oh, and he's weak to the most unintuitive weapon the game can muster.

Every single blob monster ever created in the Megaman continuity, too. gragh.

Conversely there are, of course, also these bosses that are hard as nails and still fun. Craft from Megaman Zero 4 is a nice example (as long as you didn't get sub tanks, elf upgrades or other heresies) - your first meeting is a difficulty spike in itself, have fun with his three health bars and a laser attack that requires split-second timing and all. You need some fast reflexes too. But, at least for me, it was fun.

Non-Megaman-Example: Sonic Final Bosses are pretty bad if you don't know what to do. And Touhou goes through without mention.

Sonic Adventure 2's King Boom Boo on a old emulator(Like NullDC version 1.0 beta 1.6). I don't know about you, but unless you're completely lucky, you won't beat this boss. Old versions of dreamcast emulators can't produce shadows, so you're screwed.

Pfff... I know Sephirot, the Boss of Sonic 2 and Erazor Djinn, I admit it, those were hard, but not even if you had to be those three on a row, maybe if you had to beat all the list of bosses in a row, it would be able to get as hard as the guy i´m going to mention, it is...

X5 Bythos in Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2, this HAS got to be the hardest thing ever, I havn´t been able to beat him yet, this is hard due to the next reasons:

Once the operation starts, you have to close 8 lacerations that make the 99 vitals drop at a rate of 8 each second, then, after you close the last one, Bythos appears and makes other 4 lacerations that drop 4 vitals every sec, then you have to keep lasering Bythos like for 10 seconds and prevent him from making even more lacerations, if you manage to endure those 10 seconds, Bythos will get shattered, then you will have to get Bythos´ core and remove it BEFORE it regenerates, but it isn´t easy as it sounds, there are over 10 spheres spinning around it plus the 4 fragments wich if you touch, Bythos will automatically regenerate, repeat this process around 6 times and your curse will end.

Sanae Hanekoma in the world ends with you. WARING:SPOILERS.

Dear god for a boss before the final boss she was hard as hell. The fact that you can't hit her with neku but you have to do with beat is just hard enough. But the fact that shes TAKES YOUR PINS so you can only use beat to kill her was just hell.

Um... don't you mean Mitsuki Konishi a.k.a. the Iron maiden? Sanae Hanekoma is a man and hes an extra boss.

The hardest boss I've fought so far is Xaldin of kh2. He has six spears and isnt afraid to use them all in one wide attack that he spams. He also happens to be a master of wind so he also knows Aero. This isn't even half of his frustrating powers.

Um... don't you mean Mitsuki Konishi a.k.a. the Iron maiden? Sanae Hanekoma is a man and hes an extra boss.

The hardest boss I've fought so far is Xaldin of kh2. He has six spears and isnt afraid to use them all in one wide attack that he spams. He also happens to be a master of wind so he also knows Aero. This isn't even half of his frustrating powers.

Yes, but Xaldin is only hard on Proud mode.

EDIT:

Words are not enough to describe the dificulty of Bythos, you must see it even if it is in 3rd person BEHOLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcacSTNz9Y4 Huh, you think it´s easy? Well, it´s NOT easy, just see how freaking fast this guy´s hand moves, Trauma Center is the game series where being an expert and a noob have the GREATEST differences, I have no idea on how to be this fast, but well, just watch this video, it makes it look literally 10 times easier (I am not kidding at all, seriously not, I don´t joke about X times easier, Bythos is literally 10 times harder).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back