biggest srb2 2.2 map

In terms of the amount of data, it's CEZ2. In 2.2.2, it has about 43000 sidedefs, which is 65% of the sidedef limit. In 2.2.0, before we removed some of the unused and unfinished sections, it was closer to 50000 sidedefs, or about 75% of the overall limit. So in a very real sense, it's not possible to make a map much larger than CEZ2.

In terms of the largest area covered, it's AGZ. Its bounding box is about 45000x35000 fracunits. The upper limit is 65536x65536. It's not nearly as dense as CEZ2 though, with only about 25000 sidedefs.

Other very large maps include THZ2 (~29000 sidedefs) and ERZ2 (~34000 sidedefs).

The 24h collab maps are not that large. If they were combined into one map, that would be about as large as ERZ2.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised at all that CEZ2 is biggest in terms of the amount of data, but ERZ2 surprises me a bit. Maybe it's because of all the complex gimmicky sections in the zone?

I'm not surprised at all that CEZ2 is biggest in terms of the amount of data, but ERZ2 surprises me a bit. Maybe it's because of all the complex gimmicky sections in the zone?
It's also because that ERZ2 is sort of "180%" of an act, as after the first checkpoint, there's a path split, with wildly different content on either side, only converging/combining again at the final conveyor belt right before the end of the level.

Damn texture limit stopped us from making 24h as big as I hoped it would be...

I understand why CEZ2 is the biggest (it takes sooo long to load on my computer), but Haunted Heights takes so long that my computer thinks the program has crashed. It's way smaller, but does anyone know why it takes that long? I feel like its because of the gimmicky lights section.

My hangout map, Seaside Town is quite huge, just look at it.
This is it in software mode
srb20031.png

And on OpenGL
srb20030.png

It's so big in fact that software mode sometimes has trouble rendering it on some places and has made me prefer OpenGL mode even more.
srb20033.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back