I Wanna Be The Guy The Movie: The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbop800

BboP
iwbtg1.png

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/

Now I'm pretty sure a fair amount of people here are familiar with this game. If not, then allow me to explain:

IWBTG is a ridiculously hard game. No, seriously, it's HARD. It's a platformer where you have to avoid unexpected traps like apples falling on you or checkpoints attempting to kill you. It's all about trial and error, and trying to be as patient as possible. If you're a very impatient type of guy, expect yourself to ragequit 24/7. In the game you play as a character named "The Kid" and you are on a quest to become "The Guy" by defeating The Guy himself. Your only weapon is a gun, and there are no power-ups of any kind whatsoever. So basically the game starts up right away with no hints or tips and says "Good luck!"

Last edited:
I enjoyed it for a little while. The novelty wears off, and some of the challenges are just frustrating without actually being fun. Has a lot of zany moments in it, you'll probably get plenty of laughs out of it if you can tolerate the absurd difficulty.

I believe if you look well enough there was a game called "I want to be the flash game" or something and it's obviously made by the same person who made this if I'm accurate.

Far as I know by playing this, I'll be stuck in either area 8 or 10 as usual...

I enjoyed it for a little while. The novelty wears off, and some of the challenges are just frustrating without actually being fun. Has a lot of zany moments in it, you'll probably get plenty of laughs out of it if you can tolerate the absurd difficulty.
This. I've never played the game, but from my friends/vids, it looks too hard to even be called fun. There's no way I would play that game, actually.

This. I've never played the game, but from my friends/vids, it looks too hard to even be called fun.

Fun wasn't the point, but rather the creator's sick ideal of difficulty and humor to test the player and leave no amount of real breathing room. Some may enjoy it... but they'll loath it's existence afterwards.

Think of it like one of those games that you have to love only from the painful experience.

I believe if you look well enough there was a game called "I want to be the flash game" or something and it's obviously made by the same person who made this if I'm accurate.

Far as I know by playing this, I'll be stuck in either area 8 or 10 as usual...

No, that was actually a fan game of I Wanna Be The Guy. It's not created by the same guy.

Having finished this game several times, and with the hidden items too, I can say this game was very interesting. The thing that really sells it is the many deaths there are, most of them being a shout out to various other videogames, but then there's the puzzle of what to do to pass to the next screen without getting slaughtered. The Tetris room is purely genius.
Some backstory seems necessary: A guy sees "owata: My life is over's big adventure", a japanese flash game inspired in megaman, decides he can do better, and does. Later makes a sort of Lemmings clone, I wanna save the kids. Takes no where. Releases a beta of a sort of Castlevania game with a girl who can triple jump.
That's all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back