Sounds in OpenGL Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosy

(o´▽`o) Rosy Pink
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with my OpenGL.

When I open the game with srb2dd.exe, the music works fine, but when I do with OpenGL for some reason it plays no music. I checked the console and tried manually adding music.dta but it says file already loaded. I've tried adding music packs manually that work fine in srb2dd.exe but it doesn't play anything. I've checked the settings and raised the volume, but it doesn't play any music or sounds. I've tried the 3 options below the bars that measure volume and made them all say "Enabled" but it still doesn't work.

I first went to the IRC with this problem, and there someone by the name of lunar_chaos told me to check the system volume mixer. At the time I had it lowered to 0%, so I raised it up, thinking the problem was solved. Now the volume bar is green and it reads it as playing music, but I still can't hear anything in the game.

Another problem is that the screenshots are looking very weird when taken in OpenGL. I've tried to take a screenie of what I did in the console but it came out just as weird as any other screenshot I take does.
3buch.jpg

original-music.dta is what I named the music that came with srb2 by default. I've tried adding another music wad that wasn't already loaded, and still no sounds can be heard. I've gone into the level Arid Canyon to see if anything just needs to be refreshed to load but it doesn't work.
So any help or ideas? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium

Last edited:
A good fix would be to try older r_opengl.dll
Try downloading patches before 2.1.7, even 2.0.x ones would work fine.
It fixed some crash issues I had with OGL in versions further than 2.1.7

A good fix would be to try older r_opengl.dll
Try downloading patches before 2.1.7, even 2.0.x ones would work fine.
It fixed some crash issues I had with OGL in versions further than 2.1.7

Where can I get it? Looking in Archived Versions on the home page, and choosing 2.1.6, all there is is an an exe file.

The .exe file is an extractor that will extract the older Srb2 version. Extract it in another folder, take the r_OpenGL.dll then overwrite it in your Srb2 folder.

You mentioned you ran Srb2dd.exe, have you tried Srb2win in OpenGL?

I have that screenshot problem in OpenGL since 2.0 came out, dunno how to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back