Are your pokemon teams wicked awesome, normal or lame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBMB

This is the topic where you can post your pokemon teams, where they can be rated by yourself and other members! My team:

Lv.63 Rhyperior knowing earthquake 100 power, megahorn 120 power, and rock wrecker 150 power, and horn drill infinite power.

Regigas Lv.70 Substitute, super power 120 power, rock climb 90 power, and drain punch 60 power

Lv.21 Bibarel surf, strength, waterfall, and cut.

Lv.31 Mew fly, rock smash, de-fog, metronome.

Lv.68 Dialga thunder, flash cannon, earth power, roar of time.

Finally, Lv.70 Heatran scary face, lava plume, fire spin and iron head.

Your team seems fairly sub-par, MBMB. Regigigas is practically useless due to its "slow start" ability and you've made Mew an HM slave, but you at least seem to have put some effort into leveling up Dialga. I'm also not a big fan of Heatran, since its type combination basically guarantees a OHKO if anyone uses earthquake, which happens a lot in the Pokemon League and probably pvp as well. I do like the Rhyperior, though I wouldn't waste a single turn on horn drill.

Moving on, here's my team.

Torterra, level 66; earthquake, wood hammer, giga drain, frenzy plant
Swampert, level 69; surf, hydro cannon, waterfall, hammer arm; Migrated from Sapphire
Rapidash, level 57; flamethrower, fire blast, stomp, take down
Gardevoir, level 62; psychic, confusion, imprison, hypnosis; Migrated from Sapphire
Staraptor, level 47; aerial ace, fly, take down, defog
Luxray, level 61; spark, crunch, discharge, flash

To be honest, you probably shouldn't bother rating my team, as I know very well it's not acceptable for any form of hardcore pvp. I'm not interested in that mode of play. This is simply the team that consistently gets me through the Pokemon League with minimal healing between matches.

Actually Tets, horn drill is useful in sticky situations where I'm up against a defensive maniac who never takes damage from anything. As for mew and bibarel, Who does'nt need hm slaves? I need to have my strong pokemon not have hms so that they have room for powerful attacks. As for regigigas, it's powerful even with slow start. The elite four, I have lv. 100s to deal with those freaks. And I'll Begin, who said anything about Volbeat?

MBMB said:
And I'll Begin, who said anything about Volbeat?
'Tis one of my very few lv100s. Well, since my game got broken by an idiot a few months ago. I haven't got any more lv100s, but you get the idea.

Also, Tentacool makes a decent HM slave. So does Pelliper.

My 100% LEGIT team,

Level 100 Mewtwo
Level 100 Rayquaza
Level 100 Groundon
Level 100 Kyogre
Level 100 Blissy
Level 100 Garchomp

I also have a level 100 Celebii and a level 89 Mew, BOTH LEGIT

Trust me, I have TONS of people saying I hacked

I think catching all legendary Pokemon is such a standard goal. Everyone wants it. I don't really see why you would have a team purely with legendary Pokemon

Heatran replaced with Electabuzz, lv. 66 Fire punch, ice punch, thunder punch, cross chop evolving into electivire today, replacing cross chop w/ earthquake.

And here's my team,

Level 100 Rayquaza, Emerald
Level 100 Groundon, Emerald
Level 100 Kyogre, Emerald
Level 100 Jirachi, Pokemon Channel
Level 100 Ho-oh, Pokemon Colosseum
Level 100 luigia, Pokemon XD: Gales Of Darkness

As you can see, I had to buy 4 games to get them.

My team sometimes changes, but usually these 3 are in it:

LV100 Umbreon (From Colloseum)
LV100 Espeon (Also from Colloseum)
LVSomething Ho-oh (ALSO from Colloseum)

I'm leveling Ho-Oh up.

P.S.: I haven't got Pearl nor Diamond. It's my GBA/Gamecube team.

Me and my friends tend to do level 50 battles with the Battle Tower rules, so you won't see any insane legendaries on my team, and there's generally not a full 6. Also, this stuff is EV grinded, so the stats are higher where I need them to be.

Main three:
Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Pressure

Surf
Rest
Calm Mind
Roar

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Overgrow

Sludge Bomb
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Synthesis

Blissey @ Quick Claw
Natural Cure

Seismic Toss
Toxic
Softboiled
Heal Bell

Alternates:
Gardevoir @ Lum Berry
Trace

Psychic
Calm Mind
Double Team
Imprison

Umbreon @ Persim Berry
Synchonize

Screech
Mean Look
Confuse Ray
Double Team

Milotic @ King's Rock
Marvel Scale

Surf
Ice Beam
Attract
Recover

Suicune is a standard CMCune, just Calm Mind a bunch, Chesto-Rest if necessary, and Surf until their team is dead. Standard sweeper. Roar is on it in case phazing is necessary.

Venusaur is a special tank. It absorbs tons of special attack damage, and can generally last through 2 Flamethrowers without dying. Leftovers + Leech Seed + Synthesis keep it alive as long as it lives through the hit.

Blissey is another special tank, as well as utility. Tons of HP and special defense, Toxic and Seismic Toss to deal damage (as Blissey's attack stats suck), and Heal Bell allows me to restore the status of anything that was screwed over earlier in the match.

Gardevoir is a switch-in against powerful psychic types. Imprison all their moves, and then proceed to Double Team and Calm Mind until I can one-shot their entire team.

Umbreon is designed to trap the opponent, use Double Team until I can't be hit, and kill them with Confusion, lowering their defense with Screech so it does more damage.

Milotic is an alternate water type that's only on my team because my Rhyperior isn't ready yet. Also quite helpful on the switch against the standard dragons and anything with a strong weakness to ice.

Mystic, your srategy (can't spell it) is awesome. I just hammer down with type advantages if there are any and otherwise use very powerful moves. My Electivire knows icepunch, firepunch, thunderpunch, and giga impact, giving it a wide advantage, however.

Well, you see, the downside to that wide range of type advantages strategy is that you miss out on STAB, or Same Type Attack Bonus, by doing that. When a Pokemon attacks with a move that's the same type as the Pokemon using it, it gets a 1.5x multiplier on damage. Hence, my Suicune using Surf will actually have a power of 142.5, not 95. With a few Calm Minds, it goes even higher, to the point where Suicune can kill things pretty easily AGAINST type advantages, since it's been EV trained for special attack and speed. Getting a one-shot when something is not very effective is quite satisfying. Hence, loading up something with the elemental punches, while giving you more variety in type of attack, doesn't actually have as much power as you'd think it would be, while specializing your Pokemon for specific tasks will give you a much bigger edge.

At least I get more powerful thunder punches. Oh, and it does'nt know the ghost elemental punch.

Seeing this topic drove me to dig out my GBA and check up on my teams.

Right. My teams come by the game, so 'eres mine:

Saphire
Secptile (Leafy) Lv. 63
Camerupt (Lavy) Lv. 62
Beautifly (Beauty) Lv. 62
Sableye Lv. 62

Occasionally I have a level 55 Kyogre tag along, but it's not really in the circle of love, so to speak.

Leaf Green
Blastoise (Spurt) Lv. 80
Raichu (Sparked) Lv. 54
Victreebel (Sprout) Lv. 44
Fearow Lv. 50
Nidoqueen (Jet) Lv.50
Togetic Lv. 42

I'm still not sure what that Togetic is doing here, though....

Quite simply, my Saphire team owns my Leaf Greens. Why? Because I used Blastoise through the whole thing, compared to my awesome team of level 62s. The only reason why any of them are above 35 is that I spent some quality time in the field after I did all the interesting stuff.

Also for some odd reason, my Leaf Green team was on Saphire, and my Saphire team on Leaf Green. *shrugs*

Seeing as unlucky me lives in England, we have no Diamon or Pearl. :D!

So here's my Sapphire party, which I'm planning to transfer to D/P whenever they're released.

In all honesty, there is no real strategy I use that I can think of. Been a long time since I last played the game.

Special update: Team modified with a Lv 70 Likilicki and the Rhyperior has maxed out 8 pp for horn drill, plus the accuracy for horn drill is now much higher because the Rhyperior is holding a wide lense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back