SRB2 2.1.15 killed my FPS.

VSync can decrease your FPS, especially if you aren't reaching a high FPS in the first place. Try disabling it.

Temporary fix, but this should help: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gk99a3yuyu3dgyr/srb2win.exe?dl=0

This is just a build compiled off the master branch with optimizations. It's netgame compatible with 2.1.15 as well, so don't worry about using it online.

This build seems to have fixed it all for me, because I had some very small FPS drops on some vanilla levels and stuff like late torturedplanet levels became unplayable. But now, even this manages to get some constant ~30/35 fps, thank you!

Back on Zero's problem; I remember software having absolutely terrible performance on my old potato, have you tried OpenGL to see if the framerate gets any better?

This build seems to have fixed it all for me, because I had some very small FPS drops on some vanilla levels and stuff like late torturedplanet levels became unplayable. But now, even this manages to get some constant ~30/35 fps, thank you!

Back on Zero's problem; I remember software having absolutely terrible performance on my old potato, have you tried OpenGL to see if the framerate gets any better?
1st we got Temmie. NOW CHARA???? THIS ISN'T EVEN UNDERTALE! FOR PETES SAKE! YOUR TALKING ABOUT SRB2.

1st we got Temmie. NOW CHARA???? THIS ISN'T EVEN UNDERTALE! FOR PETES SAKE! YOUR TALKING ABOUT SRB2.

Where the hell did you get that from? Lat' wasn't even talking about or mentioned Undertale, he just reported a issue, got a exe to (kinda) fix it and gave feedback on it. I suggest you try to keep these things in your mind in future.

Well, funnily enough... SRB2 crashes when I try to boot it in OpenGL. So... Guess I can't play in OpenGL and try out if it works. I did try playing with VSync off too, and it did boost a bit of FPS, but like, 2-3 FPS boost.

Are you using DirectDraw or SDL? The build Wolfy gave was an SDL build, so if you're trying to run DirectDraw, you're still running the old 2.1.15 with the messed up optimization.

Are you using DirectDraw or SDL? The build Wolfy gave was an SDL build, so if you're trying to run DirectDraw, you're still running the old 2.1.15 with the messed up optimization.

If you want me to be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea what DirectDraw or SDL is. I did notice that there's a .bat that runs SRB2 in DirectDraw mode, but I've never used it. I just play directly from the .exe that Wolfy gave out.

If you want me to be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea what DirectDraw or SDL is. I did notice that there's a .bat that runs SRB2 in DirectDraw mode, but I've never used it. I just play directly from the .exe that Wolfy gave out.

srb2win is SDL (new version, basically) created to keep up with stuff like recent Windows versions and srb2dd is DirectDraw, old deprecated exe since 2.1.12 dropping support for 2.2 since Windows doesn't support it anymore.

I know how ya feel Zero..... Whenever a lot of enemies appear, the game can LAG A LOT! Sometimes it runs smooth, sometimes it is not exactly well... "Sonic Speed"... There needs to be a patch for this (and I am aware of the build Lat made, and it does help... somewhat...) but it would be better if the SRB2 team found why we are all having such lag. Also, it runs fine online so WHAT GIVES WHEN PLAYING ALONE!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I was playing Tortured Planet and it lagged like CRAZY, even without MD2's. (Which can cause even more lag...)

Temporary fix, but this should help: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gk99a3yuyu3dgyr/srb2win.exe?dl=0

This is just a build compiled off the master branch with optimizations. It's netgame compatible with 2.1.15 as well, so don't worry about using it online.
I must also thank you for sharing this EXE. Previously I had slight FPS drops on even vanilla maps, which got worse if I had any wads with Lua in them loaded (this made the first few areas of CEZ2 unbearable to play unless the game was unmodified). Not anymore, though!

Again, many many thanks!

In 2.1.15 and with enough Lua scripts added, my FPS seems to drop whenever the game has to deal with a large number of physics objects, such as enemies or spilled rings, near the player mobj. This didn't occur at all in 2.1.14. Wolfy's optimized EXE helps somewhat, but the drops don't completely disappear. I've tried everything else mentioned so far in this thread, and either I had it that way already or it doesn't work.

Sorry, I did get confused then. Also, for some reason, the lag isn't as much as a problem anymore. I don't know why but... Well I'm happy! =)

My PC says Windows Defender disabled it because it might cause harm to my PC. Is it still safe to enable it so?

Yes.

But are you aware that this is a fix for SRB2 2.1.15?
Which is several versions older than the latest version that is up to download, 2.1.23

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back