• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Single Player - Four Elements - W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHCC

Too fast for you to see me.
Hey! Do you remember my first single player and unfinished level pack, called 3 elements? If you don't remember or didn't play yet, just don't play it. But here, I'm coming again with some good ideas for this levelpack.

I'll post my ideas and my progress here. For now, I only have a start of LMZ, which, in my opinion, isn't so bad, but anyway, let's start :

• Act 1 (earth) : Lofty Mountain Zone
    In this act you will find yourself in a mountain (obvious), maybe you can find some mines and all, maybe you'll find impossible to climb up this mountain, and maybe some rocks will kill you falling on your head.
  • Act 2 (air) : Windy Sky Zone
    After climbing up all an entire mountain, you will go up to the sky. Wait for a lot of air currents, maybe if you go up enough you can find some secrets... or just another cloud. Here, springs won't dominate.
  • Act 3 (water) : Flooded Depths Zone
    After falling from the sky, you go down to an ocean, and you will have to find your way back to the land before you get drown.
  • Act 4 (fire) : Burning Island Zone
    After swimming all an ocean, you may consider dying at the beach. Wait for very hot challenges... in the literal sense of the thing.

Some screenshots of LMZ :

srb20004.png

srb20000.png

srb20001.png

srb20002.png

srb20003.png

I don't plan on releasing this as fast as I can, maybe it will take some months, or even a year to finish all the levels. I'll edit this topic again when I have enough new progress to show, and until there, you can give me suggestions or critisize the screenshots.

Last edited:
Looks nice.

But, you need to avoid a bit the corridor-based design in your levels, you know, levels that are made mainly of tall corridors. People tend to make it, and their levels get old too fast.

This reminds me of my first few Coop levels. I still kinda have the same problem today too! ^_^'

Like Ezer said try to avoid that problem. Solve it by adding multiple paths. Perhaps for different characters? Some more platforming? Do whatever suits you best.

EDIT: And by you I mean your level of course. :P

Last edited:
Like Ezer.Arch said, yes, it looks cute, but these big sectors looks also boring.
Try to find with what forest element you can fill these sectors.
But, anyway, it's beautiful !

Maybe Earth can have alternative paths made of dense forests or caves. Maybe some breakable walls to since Earth is the element of strength.

I agree. Also Try to make caves that have Breakable walls on it.

Make paths for each character and make paths like:
1.One path leading to a mine
2.One Path taking you on a water current to a nice lake.

If you want, apply these suggestions.

Hmm... maybe the one on the release section was released to early. This one looks better then the one I played like a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back