• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2TMM: Level Pack (In Development)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varren

Top 50 In #FortniteMostWanted
Sonic Team Junior
I've been on this for a year now and I think I should have at least someplace to put it now

The acronyms stand for The Metal Meteor:
Eggman discovers a secret power-filled meteorite located in space which he then reroutes the course of the meteor to Earth, where on impact, will create EggmanLand.
Sonic and his friends will go as far to stop his plan before it's too late.

(not much of a plot but now at least the title has a meaning =P)

Features:
9-12 levels Including Acts
Custom Textures/Sprites if I can get that far
Custom Enemies
Socced/Custom Bosses
A Custom EXE for little features and adding files (I know little coding so don't say anything...)
Unlockable Levels, and other things that just don't fit into this mod
and more(?)

Zones & Screens:

Diamond Shores
Act 1
srb20178.png

srb20179.png

srb20180.png
Act 2
srb20111.png
Boss
None

Frostorice Station
Act 1
srb20208.png

srb20211.png
Act 2
None
Boss
None

Chaotic Canyon
Act 1
srb20105.png
Act 2
None; but will feature my glider.
Boss
None

Dark Ruins
Act 1
srb20107.png

srb20007.png
Act 2
srb20114.png
Boss
srb20112.png

Unfinished Zones
Pyramid Cave
Act 1
None
Act 2
None
Boss
None

Area X32
Act 1
None
Act 2
None
Boss
None

Eggman Land (reworking this screen into something completely different)
srb20214.png
Most of these are still being worked on but I have some progress for this.
You can see the first act preview here

Even though these are only screenshots I'd at least like hear some constructive criticism before I actually get to release a beta (seriously I want to make this a little bit better than it is)

EDIT: Sorry for the huge first post, but I think it's better to just organize some things.

Last edited:
Judging from the first video:
-It seems like you have gigantic open spaces with almost nothing in them. Try to fill them up with more detail or some interesting architecture, anything to make it look less bland.
-Your texture usage is kinda strange and incoherent. Use plenty of textures that look good together and use patterns that make sense.
-Your sky is ugly. Rip one from another game if you have to, just make sure it fits SRB2's style and that it looks better than the one you're using.
-Design your stage with logic. Why is there a random brick archway jutting out of a huge building that uses only 1 ugly texture? Why is there a big wall of leaves in the middle of that canyon? Use some sense.

Judging from the first video:
-It seems like you have gigantic open spaces with almost nothing in them. Try to fill them up with more detail or some interesting architecture, anything to make it look less bland.
-Your texture usage is kinda strange and incoherent. Use plenty of textures that look good together and use patterns that make sense.
-Your sky is ugly. Rip one from another game if you have to, just make sure it fits SRB2's style and that it looks better than the one you're using.
-Design your stage with logic. Why is there a random brick archway jutting out of a huge building that uses only 1 ugly texture? Why is there a big wall of leaves in the middle of that canyon? Use some sense.

I'm still on the scenery issue, and the sky I was planning to take out too
As for that random block, I forgot that even existed o_O (going to remove it)
Mr.Black said:
Erm...who are those hedgehogs in screenshot 5? Beta testers? Bots?

Beta testers from a month ago to test Dark Ruins Act 1

Hmm, not bad, make sure the player knows where he should go and be most of the time.(Like lock the player in the boss room if he has to wait)
[Suggestion] Loops suck because it is auto but if you really want it, I recommend rotating the about cam 90 when you are in the loop so the camera doesn't get stuck.[/Suggestion]

Last, I really hope that bot battle is a placeholder.
[Suggestion]If you wish, just make a Commander Crawla really hard to kill that shoots missles and turrets and on the last hit turn into a Deton.[/Suggestion] I am sure you can think of something better though.

Last edited:
Sorry for the huge time gap between updates (and the bump), but right now I have a small update.
Right now I've decided to remake CSZ with the most quality I can put into it,
srb20178.png

srb20179.png

srb20180.png

If there's anything out of place I'll be glad to fix it.
EDIT: I forgot to replace the sky adslfdksfhlkads

Last edited:
I like the ending to act 1 in that video. You should add a bit more platforming and more enemies if you ask me.

New Screenshot with updated sky (I don't know is it better than the last?)
srb20181.png

Uh, I think I liked the old sky better. That one looks really bad quality, almost as bad as a gif or a jpg file. o.o'

Uh, I think I liked the old sky better. That one looks really bad quality, almost as bad as a gif or a jpg file. o.o'

Oh, thats because I used 8-bit analizing to keep most of the colors in the image, but I'll try to see if I can remove the fuzzyness

The new sky looks like it fits the theme better, but the current quality level of it makes it unusable.

Oh, thats because I used 8-bit analizing to keep most of the colors in the image, but I'll try to see if I can remove the fuzzyness

Well, maybe you could try just putting it into SRB2 without any effects so SRB2 can do it? Also, maybe you should be able to see a bit of a beach in it too...

Well, maybe you could try just putting it into SRB2 without any effects so SRB2 can do it? Also, maybe you should be able to see a bit of a beach in it too...

I tried that, but got a horrible bitmap sky,
srb20182.png

I got this with palette merging
EDIT: Anyone know how to get this in the SRB2 Palette without screwups?

That looks much better, maybe if you send me the file I could try to make it look better?
Also, I have read that you can now have a custom pallet for each level, you may want to look into that. ;)

Some random update:
This is the exit area for Dark Ruins Act 1 where all paths meet (Hole from top, entrances from left to right)

Screen: (yes I tested it in software too)
srb20186.png

And a recent sky for CSZ (thanks KO.T.E.!)
srb20183.png

Also, I'm not sure I have a planned date for a beta yet ._. .

In the first picture, there's little bits of redwall in the corners.
In the second, the water looks too green (in contrast to the background), and should go out farther -- the way it just cuts off at the rocks looks ugly and unnatural. The the green texture near Sonic's left doesn't match the other textures on the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back